Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my last chorus PHONE bill...

Options
  • 29-03-2002 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

...was 83 calls for 9 euros (that includes my line retal btw)

just thought i would post it up as i still think many people are unaware that Chorus even have a phone service.

Disclaimer:
    1. it may not be in your area (phone and ask)
    2. dont know if it does 56K for internet

Advantages:
    1. NO LINE RENTAL PAID TO EIRCON
    2. wireless local loop technology i believe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by yankinlk

Advantages:
    1. NO LINE RENTAL PAID TO EIRCON
    2. wireless local loop technology i believe

No disadvantages then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This has nothing to do with the campaign for unmetered and broadband Internet in Ireland. Technically, it has little or nothing to do with the Internet at all.

It's a communications issue, so I'm going to move it from the IrelandOFFLine forum over to the Nets/Comms forum.

Have a nice day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger

No disadvantages then? ;)

Disadvantages:

1. As it's wireless, I assume you need line of site. A phone call should get that answer fast. 1890 20 20 29 i think.

2. Not sure if you can use it with 56K internet access (might be slow/ laggy)

Does anyone use this service to connect to internet via dial up?

BTW Apologies BARD, I guess I just thought that if i post it hear, very few will read it, but i get your point, it doesnt belong in IOFFL either.

Advertisement