Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation now. Please.

Options
  • 29-03-2002 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

NOTE: Pete has asked me to clarify:

1. I meant moderation of messages before they appear on the board as a means to filter out some of the junk, and did not mean to infer that the current quality or quantity of moderation was deficient in any way.

2. My post was an attempt to bring about a change which I believe would improve the public perception of the membership - something I think is relevant and on-topic in the discussion forum.

We've discussed this offline and pete seems to be happy enough with our response. As Bard has said, we're working on a few changes at the moment. I posted this hear to stop the therad popping up again.

adam

I'll get straight to the point.

This forum is being overrun with off topic, ill informed, semi-literate junk. Not a day goes by without me staring in disbelief at the sheer idiocy of some of the comments posted here.

I'm not going to pick out specific examples because that wouldn't be fair, but generally what I'm talking about is:

- posts being made where the poster hasn't even bothered to read what has gone before in that thread, never mind previous discussions.

- ridiculous polls which are about as useful as asking someone "Would you like free beer?".

- the old reliable "why aren't the committee advocating hunger strike / suicide bombing / running €500,000 advertising campaigns?"

- How many times do we have to read "I want broadband!" vs. "I want unmetered 56k!", when a cursory glance at the IOFFL site would show that we're trying to get BOTH?

etc etc etc

This is not the counterstrike forum. This is the public face of an representative organisation which must strive to be taken seriously by the general public, the media, the ODTR and the main players in the market.

Please introduce moderation of posts.

Please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

good point, why arnt there hunger strikers, i think me need a poll to findout why.

anywho, yep i noticed this, but since none of it is down to me i wasnt to stressed about it. i think less closers and more our right deleting is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This forum is being overrun with off topic, ill informed, semi-literate junk.

eh... yeah, this very post of yours is off topic :rolleyes: and should have been dealt with in a Private Message to either myself or dahamsta (or both).

Rest assured that we DO moderate the forum as much as our available time and resources allow us to. This morning alone, I locked one thread and moved another one, and Adam locked another. We're only 2 guys, and we're not perfect... but this isn't the place to discuss how well/badly we moderate the forum or if we do so at all.

Certain sweeping changes are on the way as regards our web site and the forum. More will be said when it can be said.

... For now, you've just given me another thread to lock... *sigh*

moderated.jpg

[edit:] Oh, I see that young Boston fellah (The spamBEAST!) got his spoke in before I locked it. How nice. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement