Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens 45XL

• 29-03-2002 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I saw this phone in PC World.- Its a mobile +PDA like a Compaq Ipac with the Mirosoft OS in colour. Its also on the Siemens Irish website.Does anyone know if its available in ROI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Sorry I meant PC Live Magasine- NOT PC World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

No not going to be available for another few months!!!

I went up to Siemens office in Sandyford,it took me a whole day to find someone who knew something about this device, I was really given the run around, and i was dealing with women all the time who really did'nt have the interest or wanted to know ( i find this with the majority of women when getting into tech details ,they just dont have the same interest or knowledge as men do on these subjects- no offence ladies but its a fact!!) ,Anyway they showed the device which was'nt working for some reason and the girl hadnt a clue,however at least I saw what it looked like and I was dissapointed that it was quite bulky much thicker than the Compac Ipac that i have, nearly double the thickness!! .So I have lost interest in that device .I think i will wait a bit longer and see what else appears on the market If you hear of anything new in this line - let me know

Ive a 9210 and its excellent i was reluctant with it at the start but i love it now! I was using an accompli the other day it wasnt bad either! Monochrome screen though!. I know a rep for siemens if you want more info on the 45xl

The 9210 is just a bit big for the pocket, but I agree an excellent product, I need the colour screen, anyway lets see what comes on the market

• Advertisement

yeah its a brick alright its fairly durable though mine has taken a bit of a hammering and its still workin well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Can someone tell me please if there's a GRPS enabled version of the Nokia 92xx available yet? I'm in the market for some GRPS device which will allow me to manage email and surf the web. It seems the choice will soon come down to the Siemens metioned, the Handspring Treo, the 02 XDA, and a few others I can't remember. But from what I've seen of the 92xx range I'd imagine a GPRS enabled version would be the ideal solution for my needs

-EirePreneur
    http://www.EirePreneur.com

I was at athe RDS yesterday and I saw 02 XDA- its brilliant its just like the Compac Ipac, maybe slightly slimmer, they say it will be available commercially end of May ;price around €800 with contract, the only problem I have is that I am 087, and as yet Vodaphone dont have a similar device on their list, however their are new phones and pda's comming out every month, so in another 3 months we will see whats on the market, but if vodaphone dont have anything in the next 4 months I will be very tempted to change over- I will NOT go for the Siemens SX45 as it is far too bulky

Advertisement