Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rest of your Life

Options
  • 29-03-2002 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

So what do people want to do?
    What do they want to be? (realistically and ideally)
    Where do you picture yourself in 10 years time?
    Where do you want to do to college/university or what else would you like to do?

I want to go to Maynooth, to study Economics and Finance (changing my CAO actually! :P ) and I want to eventually end up working on some kind of money market / stock market and advicing and predicting things for businesses. And then some day with lots and lots of experience i'd love to be a proper Economist.... and advise governments and stuff. Silly, idealistic and a little bit odd.... but for anyone who was ever in my class and saw me getting into company analysis and stuff like that then they should know that's what i'm serious about (only realised the company/stock market thing the other day!!), and I just am all kinda looking forward to it... somebody wish me luck?

So what are *your* dreams?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i would like to study communications and become a tv producer.i'd like to keep on dancing and playing music forever(until my arms and legs give up).ooh-and drawing and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The only thing i set for my life is that i want to attempt to work freelance. i don't want to get stuck in a 9 -5 because i don't want to end up working all day long, as i keep weird hours anyway. i want to still being playing the guitar, and listening to lots of music. and possibly doing something like architecture while doing stuff with pc's on the side. and have a small house in somewhere isolated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Hmmm... designing computer games, and probably living in Japan (hopefully).

A

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Emmm.....Uphamizer.....wtf?!

Anyway - well, realistically I have no idea what I want to do or what I'll end up doing - I kind of want a bit of everything, if you know what I mean. Ideally, I'd love to end up doing something in either music or sport - in a band,playing onstage,being involved in the creation and execution of new music; or getting to play a game that you love in front of thousands of people, and hopefully even get to represent your country- what could be better than that?! ;) It's not like I'm picky either - choose one from football, basketball, rugby, Gaelic or swimming!

The flip side of that is that I'd hate to be a record label guy, or one of the "business people" in boardrooms/administration - I'm only interested in the creative/fun/actually being involved!! side of playing.

*sigh* It could happen....really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

i want to fix everything, make everyone i care about happy, then go live myself to death.

i'd like to:

travel a lot.
    grow a wonderful garden.
    read a lot.
    see a lot of movies.
    act in a lot of movies.
    not be afraid of what might be where i cant see it.
    name some children, but not have any.
    experience absolutely everything.

and while im at it, learn to fly and breathe underwater too.

why not? i can hope, and it might all be possible someday.

i dont have to think about the CAO thing yet, but good luck to you, fio. (im infiltrating! teeheehee.) and anyone else who feels they need luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i want to be special. a singer, a writer - anything creative. and if i can't have that i'll go on a destructive binge till i die.

and that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

Your mother.
    bend over and I'll show you.
    Thats not what you said last night.

my friend is feeding me lines. My mother is complaining. its dark here. its so dark i look hot. it must be dark. Very dark. Nuclear winter dark. we are making pound cake. my brother jumped. it fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Like Sven I would also like to be special. probably by singing in a bandymajig. But if not I'll be doing Computer Science. And probably Philosophy later on in life. And either way I WANT TO GO SKYDIVING!!! Stupid paranoid parents won't let me...

But I'm also into stuff like Film Production (currently producing two, count 'em TWO movies!!) and Space!! Maye the last one's a bit far fetched...

hmmm... what else? I'd like to find love and probably eventually have kiddies.

Probably more, I shall write again...

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I want to rule the world

wow. that last post was very late at night. anyways. i want to become an anesthesiologist eventually. yep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Alls I know is that I want to spend my next 4 years in UCD doing mathematical science, getting drunk etc, etc, etc. I want to take up another martial art and get another black belt, travel the world and see all the amazing places. I want to see Man U at Old Trafford, Celtic at Celtic Park and Ireland winning the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

i want to be happy.
    and eventually be married and have children and things. but i'm not really worried if that happens or not

i forgot some things:

i want to find a quiet place to live where every evening i can watch the sunset and every night sit outside in the darkness and watch the night....

and i want to be a daddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Oooh that reminds me. Once I am very rich I want to buy a sh1tload of land and build me a cross between Rivendell and Lothlorien. teehee.

No, I am completely sane.

}:>

I don't want children. EVER.

"And I wanna conquer the world, give all the idiots a brand new religion, put an end to poverty uncleanliness and toil, promote equality and all of my decisions"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

I want to be a TREE :D

i dont know yet if i want kids. i want to be rich and travel. i want to have time to have hobbies and do art. and i want to get taller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

yes.i would also like to be taller.

and ian,can i live in rivendell??that's where i would like to live with my husband legolas.mmmm.

You do know thats not legolas's real hair........

And now Neil has sealed his fate as "dead quite soon" as opposed to "dead in the nearby future."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Isolation

I want to be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Isolation
    I want to be dead.

I know the feeling...

Probably either still working minimum wage crap job in Ireland or if fate smiled on me I'll be living somewhere in America having a beautiful, happy life. Hey, its a nice dream anyway!

Originally posted by lordsippa
    And now Neil has sealed his fate as "dead quite soon" as opposed to "dead in the nearby future."

But its not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Dont die.

Life is fun to try and analyse.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

In the next ten years I'd like to have fun, lots of fun, beyond that I don't really know, I have some ideas about things I'd like to do, but nothing's set in stone, they can change on a whim. Here's a few:

Do some travelling, Europe and Asia (specifically japan), also I mean to try living/working in a couple of foreign countries, not just visiting.

Go to college, once I find out what it is I'd most like to study.

Fall in love and actually have it work out for once, for a while at least.

Work as a Hackney/Taxi driver for a while (this is the one that's most likely to disappear, I have no idea where it came from but it's a pretty recent phenomenon).

I don't have a bloody notion where I want to be in 10 years, and that's the way I like it, I'm happy enough to take things a day at a time and see where I end up. The concept of having a plan of some sort for where I want to end up and how I'm going to get there is alien to me, and long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

I'd like to teach and make a difference in every child's life.
    I'd like to live happily without a social status.
    I'd like to breathe clean air.
    I'd like to smile all day and not have to say why.
    I'd like to hug people when they needed a hug, and be hugged when I needed one.
    I'd like to meet a man who would loveand cherish me as much as I would love and cherish him, marry him, have his children, raise them and then see my grandchildren before I die, in ireland.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24

You dont have to have a reason, it is a logical assumption that the guy you are with has finally progressed the level "max" in the bedroom and found some button you like pressed.
    Girls in Ireland wont ask their girlfriends "what are you smiling about"

....because they know its exactly what they aint smiling.
    :p

I'd like to meet a man who would loveand cherish me as much as I would love and cherish him, marry him, have his children, raise them and then see my grandchildren before I die, in ireland.

;)

Are you just Ali McBeals clone or what?
    a little dependant on that one guy are you not?
    Chirst girl gain some independence!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

[

Are you just Ali McBeals clone or what?
    a little dependant on that one guy are you not?
    Chirst girl gain some independence!
    quoted by chernobyl

I dont think a more ignorant remark could have been made.
    Thanks chernobyl, I havnt had to make a negative remark to anyone on the boards since i've started. If you knew me then you would never attempt to make such a comment but since you dont it only proves that your not bright enough to know the difference. I need not explain anything about my life, I am here to have a good time and have some fun with the replies. Independence my dear little person, is what my life has always been about. Just because I would now like to find someone to share my life with, share common ground, mutual respect, and a love life where we may procreate as well as fullfill our passionate needs to an all time high....I see nothing wrong with wanting to share your intermost feelings and dreams with a life partner of equal intelligence and moral grounding....how does that not make me independent? Let's not take this to a personal level shall we. I am perfectly happy chatting away about such things with everyone else and havnt had such comments made as of yet.
    wow, I have had a bad night, day was fine but this sure tops my night. see ya tomorrow :tired:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Well IRISHLILY24, if you want to hold onto the dream that has been sold to you, then go ahead, who am i to tell you otherwise because as you stated, i know nothing about you....but i do know this, they guy you want does not exist, reality will bite you back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'd like to teach and make a difference in every child's life.
    I'd like to live happily without a social status.
    I'd like to breathe clean air.
    I'd like to hug people when they needed a hug, and be hugged when I needed one.

;)

Aww nuts... just when I was about to propose ;)

Advertisement