Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Qs

Options
  • 29-03-2002 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I seen some men there the other day installing cables outside my estate and i presume that this was ntl because of the fact that some the other day mention that he seen ntl upgrading his area (Pinevalley, Dublin 16) and that they told him the are upgradeing Grange road aswell so seeing I saw these men working on grange raod I think,Hope i can assume it's ntl so here are some of my Questions

1 Can any one tell me how long it take after ntl upgrade an area for them to offer the service there.

2 Now Excuses my ignorence on this but what is actually involved in getting cable is it a new line to the TV or dose it use the existing cable for the tv

3 And lastly i know that the cable is shared amoung you neighbours at that is why the set you the 512kbs. I also Understand that it dosen't run at 512 for the most but if less neighbours are useing it will this increase preformance

your help would be great.

Advertisement