Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dell Bios

• 29-03-2002 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have a Dell pc and I was wondering if it is possible to remove the password that I set in the bios? Surprise, surprise I forgot what I set it to and it means that i can't change the boot order or anything.

I tried updating the bios but it didn't work.

Is there a way to erase the bios completly, perhaps. Then i could setup the new one.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Usually pulling the cmos battery out on the motherboard for about 30 seconds does the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I think its just a matter of changing a jumper on the mother board. That resets bios to original config. No need to fiddle with the cmos battery then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It all depends on the compuer. some dell dont use jumpers anymore. If so you pull out the power on the PC and then the CMOS battery for the stated 30 secs. then put it back in and boot the computer, it would have reset it's self.

Advertisement