Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

widescreen wipers blowin fuses

Options
  • 29-03-2002 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

My windscreen wipers keep blowing the fuse. I have replaced it serveral time and they keep blowing when i start the car up. Have any of you got any ideas what i can do without going to a mechanic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

probably a loose conection or frayed wire somewhere.. the wiper motor cases themselves should be easy enough to open.. take a quick look inside them to make sure everythings ok.
    apart from that it could be some problem at the fuse box end, again take it out and follow the relevant wire as far in as you can.

all obvious stuff really, if still no look best bet is wander into somewhere that stocks the appropriate haynes book for your car and leaf through it for some answers :)

(or even see if www.haynes.com has any info)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I kept getting the same with my Punto. When the rear window heater was left on, the fuse would blow when the engine was started. Wiper fuses always blew in cold weather. My solution - Replace the fuses with fuses 5 amps higher rated. Safe? No. Does it work? Yes. :D

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Thanx guys

Advertisement