Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for a guy to be a nice guy without being,as sven put it, a pervert etc

Options
  • 30-03-2002 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Little argument Sven and I are having.

Basically, he says that all guys who seem nice and sweet are in fact perverts, psychos castrated etc.

am i the only one who thinks this is completely illogical??

I mean, i am neither castrated (i swear :D), a psycho (well, not obviously anyway) or a pervert (well, its all relative), and i like to consider myself a nice guy. so a) am i right, and therefore its possible, or b) is sven right, and deep down i'm a psychotic pervert?

-You decide-

See title 48 votes

Yes, there is such a thing as a nice normal guy
    0% 0 votes
    Guys are all perverts, psychos or castrated
    79% 38 votes
    Adam, feck off and don't bother putting in atari jaguar :-)
    20% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

i like guys, in general. probably more than i like girls, though that might just be because i am one, so i know that we arentalways ecxactly sugar and spice and all things nice. so yeah, definitely not all nice guys are perverts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

let's face it! i didn't say i hate men but i do think that in fairness men are all pretty much scum.

i mean, the amount of perversion your typical man will come out with (even if just in jest) is worrying...

and neil you are pursuing this argument to a worrying level (almost like you have some brain disease like psychosis or such... ;p) so you DO have flaws. and aideen has pointed out that you're romanticising of EVERYTHING has on occasion driven her mad so there! not quite mr. perfect. which was really the point i was trying to make... there is no perfect guy. the scum bit was more me being tired and grumpy... but i made a stand and i guess i'll have to stick by it.

SO... <looks at all guys> you all suck. a lot.
    <looks at all girls> and you're not so perfect yourselves.

now if you'll excuse me i have people to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

Originally posted by lordsippa
    let's face it! i didn't say i hate men but i do think that in fairness men are all pretty much scum.

no more so than the rest of humanity.
    [/i]i mean, the amount of perversion your typical man will come out with (even if just in jest) is worrying...

so can girls. but some people still stick doggedly to that cute fantasy that girls really are delicate flowers, despite all the evidence.
    [/i]SO... <looks at all guys> you all suck. a lot.
    <looks at all girls> and you're not so perfect yourselves.

nobodys perfect. we're all just people. havent you been paying attention?

Originally posted by Mahotée

nobodys perfect. we're all just people. havent you been paying attention?

I'm SICK of hearing that as an excuse for people being substandard. i can't believe that being a person is to blame for someone not being perfect. it is within the grasp of some people but they ruin it and should be shot. so shut up or be complained at! right?!

Sven,
    The Irritable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Youve provided the option, i dont need to.

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I *think* I'm an ok person. And I'm definitely not a paedophile/castrated/...

ah well

oh yes and before Sven/anyone else starts making smart comments: Yes, I am a guy.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yes 'nice' guys exist.

They are called 'Brad', typically have iq's of around 110, drive yuppie cars and use wwwaaayyy to much brillcream(to compensate for the small brain).

Unfortunately smart guys realise that women are essentially evil and avoid them like the plague 'nice' guys wear suits, shave every day, wear too much aftershave and bear a striking resembelance to Ken yes the emasculated male doll from Barbie.

You want to meet a nice guy, go get yourself a Ken doll.

Now on special offer Ken dolls $9,99,99.95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Nice guys don't really exist. They lie, twist things, hurt you, refuse to listen and shove things in your face. Pretty much the same as girls then.

I try to be a nice person, I can honestly say that I try really really hard to make sure that I don't hurt people. but sometimes you have to look out for yourself and others get hurt. It's life, and unfortunatly its the way things go.

Had one of those revelations last night where you realise that things are indeed full of **** and that no matter what you do people will still lie and hurt you because they're afraid of the truth. It's like I used to be so i guess i cant complain.

(i need a hug)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I always find hugging trees beneficial
    / :D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Aww poor fio

<HUG>

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Nice guys don't really exist. They lie, twist things, hurt you, refuse to listen and shove things in your face. Pretty much the same as girls then.

I know loads of nice people, who would do anything for someone else before taking themself into consideration....

To say nice guys don't exist is of course your perception, your experience, and all I can say is that it must suck, if that is what you honestly believe/experienced.

I persume you'll never get married or anything, since there are no nice guys out there, no one that will listen to you, and will simple shove anything and everything into your face... but your right, we are all the same, Nelson Mandela has always reminded me of Hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

1)sven,my romanticising of things is what drives me mad,not neil's.
    2)i think nice guys do exist.
    3)no,they're not brad,and they do not resemble ken dolls,and they aren't bridging on perfection,but they are nice.
    4)*hug* for fio-i'll give you a real live one in school my dear

AHEM. I'm male.

And a big hug to fio! Hell... she's getting my entire hugs quota for the next year.

Oh, and to all of you who have voted against me:

BLARGHABLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

nice guys get walked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I belive it is possible to be nice and not any of the above... but many of the girls that have liked me have reached the conclusion: "hes so nice... he must be gay"

I brag not..
    This has happened a number of times!!

_
    If Microsoft made airbags, they would ask you "Are you sure?" before activating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Also, i want plain atari Jaguar.!!!!!
    This is so important that it merits an extra post...

--

Now I have one of these star things...
    Does that mean I'm cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

and neil you are pursuing this argument to a worrying level (almost like you have some brain disease like psychosis or such... ;p) so you DO have flaws. and aideen has pointed out that you're romanticising of EVERYTHING has on occasion driven her mad so there! not quite mr. perfect. which was really the point i was trying to make... there is no perfect guy. the scum bit was more me being tired and grumpy... but i made a stand and i guess i'll have to stick by it.

first of all, i am attempting to prove a point, because i believe that not all guys are as you said. :p

Also, this isnt about mr. perfect, this is about nice guys existing who arent complete perverts, psychos etc.

Yes 'nice' guys exist.

They are called 'Brad', typically have iq's of around 110, drive yuppie cars and use wwwaaayyy to much brillcream(to compensate for the small brain).

Unfortunately smart guys realise that women are essentially evil and avoid them like the plague 'nice' guys wear suits, shave every day, wear too much aftershave and bear a striking resembelance to Ken yes the emasculated male doll from Barbie.

You want to meet a nice guy, go get yourself a Ken doll.

Now on special offer Ken dolls $9,99,99.95

I thought you cornered the selling market for Ken dolls, or were they your private collection? :P (okay, i know this is partially validating svens point, but its too easy)

*hug* to Fio.

Though i do disagree on that point. lets see, i a) never lie to my friends (actually cant, i don't have the willpower to look one of my friends in the face after i lie to them)
    b) if anyone can name a time i have done any of that to anyone, i will admit defeat. and it has to be a time i actually did it, not just a)in jest or b)made up.
    Also, i want plain atari Jaguar.!!!!!
    This is so important that it merits an extra post...

Lol, i put in that option specifically to stop adam screwing around with my poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Well, seeing as this is kinda turning into a bit of a guy-girl debate, i must say I think we're even. I mean, look at the comparisons:

There are no perfect men.
    There are a good lot of nice, decent men, but there not always nice and decent in everyone's eyes.
    There are an amount of horrible, perverted, psychopaths who are male.

But then:

There are no perfect women.
    There are a good lot of nice, decent women, but there not always nice and decent in everyone's eyes.
    There are an amount of horrible, perverted, psychopaths who are female.

I just had to add two letters to each sentence in the the "Male" paragraph to make the "female" paragraph. Just thought you'd like to know.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that nobody is perfect, yea there are disgusting people of both sexes, but the majority of people in the world are actually nice. But some people don't suit others, and people have preferences. Someone who seems nice in your eyes may be a b*****d according to me, so each one to their own. Takes all kinds to make a world! So nice males exist, as do nice females.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I agree with ailbhe. though this hadn't really become a male v. female fight IMO.

Just me wondering if i was the only one who didnt think all us guys were horny crazy perverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

hmmm....my cat is meowing. alot of guys are nice. Idont like it when people assume a guy is gay just because he's nice.ERG. It bothers me. THen rumors start and people get hurt and .......yeah, im rambling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just because youre a nice guy doesnt mean you dont think about sex.
    im a nice guy and what i wouldnt do to britany spears....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Being a nice guy does not imply perfection, which is impossible. So I think it is possible to be a nice guy/girl without being a pervert etc.

Originally posted by Man U babe
    Being a nice guy does not imply perfection, which is impossible. So I think it is possible to be a nice guy/girl without being a pervert etc.

so what is a pervert?
    you mean you dont think about anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I stand by what I said.

There is no such thing is a genuinely "nice" person, people try but they ultimetly fail. It's one of this things you learn to live with.

I don't need hugs, i'm perfectly happy.

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by smiles
    I stand by what I said.

There is no such thing is a genuinely "nice" person, people try but they ultimetly fail. It's one of this things you learn to live with.

I don't need hugs, i'm perfectly happy.

<< Fio >>

there are a lot of genuiinely nice people.
    just because they dont buy you a ferrari and are there for you 100% of the time doesnt mean they arent nice.
    it means they have their own lives to lead.

id also like to know what is meant by 'nice' anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Could someone define what they think a pervert is for me?

Surely thats too subjective just to say "i think "x" is perverted so you do too"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

well I know for a fact I'm not a nice person, and **** thats life so i don't really care, people may claim otherwise and i do nice things by times but all in all inside i don't really care how the world ends or for most of the rest of humanity, in fact i despise most of them but I am me and what I am is what I am and I just have to experience this life and see what comes next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I try to be as not nice as possible, whenever i can remember to be.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

of course they exist. they only don't if you decide they don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm a 'nice guy', but I'm also a pervert.
    Hey, at least I'm honest enough to admit I'm a pervert :p

Advertisement