Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for a guy to be a nice guy without being,as sven put it, a pervert etc

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Thanks for the advice guys, yeah, I think I am bi but to be honest I don't have a clue. Girls = sex0r. Guys = sex0r, I just amn't completely confortable with the guys part yet. On the upshot, I can concentrate on the girls side for now. About the whole "just ignore him" thing, some of you know me more than others but for me ignoring him was not an option. The guy started off cool and calm but basically snapped and started swining digs, which I refuse to take off anyone, normally I would have just done enough to calm him down and minimise damage to me. But this was someone I had trusted with my deepest feelings and thoughts, so I ****ing snapped. Nothing is worse than family fighting (I treated this guy like family beforehand) and anyone who has heard about it has been shocked but most people agree I shouldn't have just taken two punches off him. Either way, it wasn't one of those fights where someone won or lost because we both lost something. I lost a good friend as did he, he also lost the respect of a lot of people. Anyway, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

not that it really needs to be said but, bob, dont take notice of idiots, always b urself, and were all here 4 you *group hug*
    Originally posted by halenger

Personally ive always said if you can't handle bi-seuxal/homosexual people you'll have a hard time dealing with CTYI.

yeah ctyi turned me into a mild homophobe with repressed sexuality to the mark you all know today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Alk3, there will always, always be people in the world who feel insecure about someone being different to them. I used to get slaggings in school because I was younger and smaller than everyone else. A black friend of mine still gets racial abuse thrown at him sometimes. Gay friends of mine (male and female) still encounter closed-minded idiots like that so-called friend of yours. If you are in fact bi, you'll gradually get more comfortable with your sexuality, and so will people around you. You'll always come across the odd backwards, childish muppet who'll keep his ass to the wall or whatever, but in this day and age most mature, rational people will be fine with it.

As a side point, you shouldn't automaticallly write off absolutely everyone who might initially seem uncomfortable with your sexuality as a homophobe - the first time I met a gay man I can't say I was entirely at ease with it; I grew to learn that it's not such a big deal, some people are just gay/bi, just as some people are short, some are black, some are male, some are female, etc etc. Even your judas friend will probably eventually see that gay, bi or straight, you are just the same as everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

of course nice guys exist!i mightnt like men very much sometimes because they have a tendency to be slutty/evil/insensitive/ignorant/immature but i know that really men are no more evil than girls.not that i believe girls are evil except maybe me.it annoys me the way girls who are mean are called bitches and get away with it cos its expected as part as our personality but a guy's bitchy and its unexceptable.
    nice guys exist,they dont look like ken,they look like my dad and loads of other men who live perfectly normal lives but do some amazing things for their family.
    i have a problem with nice guys though,they're the ones who'll hurt you(sorry for the ally mcbeal sentiment) but it is the nice ones who'll hurt you,i think i'll stick to my charmingly slutty/insensitive/evil/ignorant/immature ones!score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

If it had of just, I use just in context, but ti if had of been just verbal then maybe I would have tried to talk to him about it -- but the minute he swung for me he lost all respect I ever had for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I have a gay partnerless friend. As of yet i am only person to know. Which is cool.

God why do these fools trust me so?

But yes... i used to be all "wow!" around gay people i met but now i'm less excitable bout it all (being bi does that). Still... i hate having to maintain the charade of hetrosexuality at school. Fúcking arsewipes with their stupid closeminded skangerness! And hence the me leaving that school (I can't keep living the lie). ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

ok. 'brads'? 'kens'?

i think someone's been watching too many movies...

in my experience, no.

girls like spike, not riley. dr. cox, not jd. bland, *nice*, *good* guys are so boring and flavourless (and in my opinion, nonexistent.) thats why eamon sleeps with more women than eoghan; because the former goes for the 'evil' look, whereas the latter, with his long flowing, golden locks, looks like an angel who traded his wings in for a leather jacket and ian. actually, ian, you have a very angelic face too. hmm. birds of a feather. umm... adam, youre more like eamon, but then the tie throws the whole image out of sinc. mark, usent you be shorter? fio, i hope your muscles are better. yeah, ian, you do have an angels face. really. *really*.

i dont thinkn i know any of these 'brads'. i think youre making them up. if someone reading this knows one that i should know, tell me. and i'll argue or admit i was wrong. send it to the message thing if you dont want to name them publicly.

fionnuala, no i dont think youre a pervert.
    i dont know how exactly to define perverts here. but...i know that there are a few people who do make me uncomfortable and who i dont really like to be around, and its not mere annoyance or something, its sexual. not many, but . . . yeah. does anyone else get that? because in all fairness, it may not be their fault. i dont see how its mine, but it could be. and i dont want to discriminate unfairly.

speaking of which...if people are homophobic, its their loss, because it will probably affect the friendships and other relationships in their lives. but perseceuting them back doesnt make it right.

in short: share the love, people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

okay, i too get that weird feeling. and its mostly around guys that come on to me really strongly or are on the street and look like rapists. I know thats discriminating against people who look a certain way ( and a few of us probably look like that too. i know i do occasionally, its just that im a short girl, and therefore not very intimidating to begine with.), but i still get scared sometimes, and i think that its part of human nature. Especially for girls in this world with the stories we hear every day.

and i was also wondering..... why would anyone be AGAINST bisexual people? it just seems like theyve wisened up to the fact that if you LIKE both genders, there are more choices out there! i am just stuck in this situation because i'm addicted to guys. i cant help it. its just the way i am. i also sont like the fact that unless i'm writing a serious essay or summat on the computer, i tend to disregard capital letters and punctuation. it bothers me. but thats another thing that i cant change. well.... i probably could change it but i am JUST TOO DARNED LAZY!!!!!!!

I have also noticed that all of my posts tend to end with something completely random that has nothing to do with the original subject. weird. i guess i really am kinda A.D.D........

....I love birds! ............Hats are really fuzzy sometimes......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Somewhat freaked, found ut the other day that a guy who I had liked, who had asked me out and all (but i said no) and then went out with a friend of mine is/was a child molster.

there is such a thing as nice guys, yeah?

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Just to point out that while Satan was still part of the choirs of angels he was the highest of the seraphim (the ones with the flowing golden locks). so there. hehe... I Will Not Serve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement