Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top 10 records currently going spin spin spin at JEDI NIGHT Wednesdays @ Doyles

Options
  • 30-03-2002 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

after careful tabulation of both requests and dj's favourites, we at JEDI NIGHT have put together a top-ten of the best of jedi night sounds

firstly dj James Dunne's ten

1. hyperballad - bjork
    2. hobohumpinslobobabe- whale
    3. lets save tony orlando's house - yo la tengo
    4. enjoy the silence - depeche mode
    5. Wouldn't it be nice - beach boys
    6. too many dj's - soulwax
    7. suds n soda - deus
    8. hotel yorba - white stripes
    9. add n to x - add n to x
    10. la boob oscalator - stereolab

DJ dave byrnes

1. I wanna hold your hand - Al Green
    2. mexico - Mundy
    3. hard to explain - the strokes
    4. there is a lite that never goes out - schiender tm (cover version)
    5. mondo 77 - looper
    6. cold water music - aim
    7. facts of life - blackbox recorder
    8. radiation vibe - fountains of wayne
    9. trees - pulp
    10. here comes the music - fixed stars

Please remember that JEDI NIGHT runs every Wednesday night 9-1230, free admission and beer promotions - its the ideal "mid-week break up the week rock out pre-club thingy".

bye bye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

that's some fine work lads,
    ever try taking over a weekend slot in Whelans as well???
    The club badly needs sounds like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hey saturday night in whelans is always good music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

no saturday night in whelan's is exactly like friday night which is kind of like thursday night and ... well, you get the general idea. i was there last night, i hadn't been in a while, but it was the exact same songs, with maybe two new ones thrown in (dandy warhols - bohemian like you and one other one). yawn.

i was at doyle's during the week, and the music was amazing. but just wondering if bobafett could enlighten me as to the crowd? who were they? was it some sort of business convention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

when can the scientific inmates dj for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

ye i was there as well last nite and it was like a re-run
    of the my last visit 4 or 5 weeks ago.

you're right it is good music but it's always the bloody same.

i've only been to the doyle's night once the night of the russia
    game and the tunes were fantastic....but.....have to say there
    wasn't much of a buzz there. wednesday's can be quiet though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

unfortuneatly the best place to go on a wednesday is the smelly palace because of the cheap drink (everything is 2euro) but the music is just thump thump thump thump thump dance crap (although they do play a few good oldies later on in the night like the kinks and the beatles and fleetwood mac and the theme tune from A-team)
    ah well, we just cant win unless there's somwhere that plays good music, gives out cheap drink, has monkey butlers and water slides... does anyone know of such a place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobafett

weird crowd last week!!!! unfortunately doyles management had booked the room out as the previous two JEDI NIGHTS weren't very well attended - normally we get between 50-100 people who know their music and like to throw a few shapes at the end of the night.... I presume you'll be there this week????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Zodiac_Lounge

Bobavet,

Maybe you could email regarding current arrangements with Doyle’s, we are running a mid-week club here on Harcourt St - The Zodiac Lounge & its going very well. Our tunes would be similar to the vibe you seem to be creating with your night & maybe we could merge forces to create something a bit special:

email me at zodiaclounge@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, will do.

If you want to check us out JEDI NIGHT happens every wednesday night 9pm -1230 @ Doyles of College St, playing the best in alternative rock and pop

its free in and occassionally there are decent beer promotions.

This week we are expecting a big crowd as Doyles have triple booked the room with the annual seal pup-clubbers convention, the national association of camel rapers and the teromfeckin lovely girls choir.... should be a laugh!!!!

Hope to see you there.

independent & alternative sounds

JEDI NIGHT

upstairs @ Doyles

from 9

every wednesday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

don't forget about the scientific inmates!!! finest dj's in dublin!!! from bjork to the white stripes to ozzy osbourne!!!

give us a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Jebus - wondering why the tunes about were so old, then realised that the posting date was back in '02! :o

Advertisement