Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs and Councillor Details / Letter Writing Campaign

Options
  • 30-03-2002 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a database of contact details for TDs and local councillors they'd like to share ?

I'm looking for a list of all TDs here in Cork and all the local councillors too, but I'm sure a database of all TDs in the country would be really handy for others that want to start a letter writing campaign.

Howard has a great form letter here that I might base my letter on:

http://www.anchor-net.com/fbi/whatcanyoudo.htm

I was also thinking of making anyone that comes around looking for votes in the next few weeks to send a letter to Mary O'Rourke about getting bandwidth to the last mile. I'll promise them a vote (won't mention what preference ) if they promise to send a letter to Mary highlighting the general homeuser and small business users plight.

Would it be too much if I asked them to sign a contract ? :P Of course in that contract they can't make me promise I'll vote for them since thats vote buying. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

have a look at the green pages in the phone book [government listings] it will give a name, address, telephone number and email address [if applicable] of all dail memers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's a table in the IrelandOffline database yellum, we'll be releasing it rsn. On the other topic, we'll be releasing flyers for distribution to canvassers rsn too. This will include a request for the candidate to contact /us/ with their policies on the issues concerned.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Adam, when is real soon now ? Real Soon Now in the Eircom ADSL sense ? Is there a reason for a delay in the roll-out of the database ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

yes...as you can plainly see, the irish users dont want that service :P ;)

It should be some time next week Yellum. We have a lot on at the moment.

EDIT: Want to write the interface? :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

The Cork lot are here boy...

http://www.corkcity.ie/cityhall/cityhall_members.html

Includes a cork postal address for each.

A good whack of the TD's and senators are councillers.

I'll be sending a letter any day now, and I'm gonna give each canvasser my own phamplet.

Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Adam, Uhm, what do you mean by the interface, you mean the design ? I'm not a designer (praise the jesus ! ) , let me know how I can help though.

Thanks Tim for that. Very handy.

Irishguy, thanks didn't think of checking there.

I'll put a list together for the Cork area of TDs and councillors.

Adam, Uhm, what do you mean by the interface, you mean the design ? I'm not a designer (praise the jesus ! ) , let me know how I can help though.

Nah, I meant the MySQL interface Yellum, someone in the MWG has already produced a UI. Doesn't matter, I'll fire something together in the next couple days.

adam

Advertisement