Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's using ISDN?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Pharaoh

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vicadd:
    I've ordered Hi-speed from Eircom and from a quick browse of these boards, it sounds like their modem is not worth the £50 they are asking - does anyone have a recommendation of what to get and if there is anywhere in Ireland doing a good deal ?
    Thanks.
    </font>

Do not get the modem from eircom,I did....big
    mistake,after much trouble with it I went out and bought an Eicon Diva.....£70.00 from
    IT Direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Pharaoh/Bugler,

Thanks for the info. I'll give IT direct a call for the Eicon Diva TA....as soon as Eircom check my exchange and confirm they can install hi-speed on my line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Is an eicon diva better then an asus pci ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eicon Diva is reputedly the best TA you can get for gaming.

- Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

nope, i have an eicon diva, and overlord has an asus, he gets 28 ping solid in quake1 the whole time on a good day, while i get 28 ping when im looking at a wall, but i can make it go up to 50 ping (still steady though) anytime i actually start doing something... so the asus is slightly better.

that said, eicon diva is probably the second best one you can get (after the asus), and overall it doesnt give me any problems, the performance is not so different to an asus that i would actually bother changing now that i already own an eicon.
    btw i got my ta from IT direct on parliament street, was 80 quid when i got it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

yeah but you can get one of the asus ta's from the UK for around £25 sterling - I think after conversion and P&P etc mine cost me effectively £37 Irish. Now thats a bargain, and if you look at all the UK gaming sites they all recommend the asus as the best performing for games.

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I have it.

It's great as far as Im concerned and with the eircom subscription account not that expensive regardless of whether Im online at peak or offpeak.

92p an hour Peak ... 46p an hour off peak (I believe)

JAK.

Advertisement