Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you drink on nights out?

• 30-03-2002 3:51pm

Me, I'm prone to good oul Carlsberg...indeed, a fine lager!!

:D

What do you drink on nights out? 64 votes

Carlsberg!
    0% 0 votes
    Guiness
    20% 13 votes
    Heineken
    31% 20 votes
    Budweiser
    21% 14 votes
    Fosters
    21% 14 votes
    Various different shots
    4% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Start off with a Guinness, then vodka for the rest of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I voted for budweiser in the poll as its what I drink as a pint, but I am partial to white russians when I can get them and its mostly what I drink at home

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

bulmers

sometimes a shot or two or three if im not drunk enough come last orders :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

guinness every time all the time
    well usually 6-7 guinness than shots if im still up for more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heineken and then to finish the night off a good few shots of Jameson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about a few non-alcoholic options?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ronan, you da man!

heineken and jameson all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Heineken all the way!

.. until I decide to go on shorts of course. At this point of the night anything that will either bleach the carpet of that is bought for me is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

Hows about the white stuff? As in a Ballygowan option? no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ballygowan, the fizzy variety and to be honest it sucks. Its a pain to have an allergy to alcohol. However given the stomach ulcer bursting pain and not getting blotto pain, I'll go with the one where I won't die.

• Advertisement

/me hugs yellum.. let it out.. let it all out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

And wheres Murphys on that list? Granted that you cant get a decent pint of it (or even get a pint of it) outside Cork but surely... ahh I'll just stop

Murphys is what God would drink if he/she/it lived in Cork!

i got a few nice pints of murphys in the bar in dcu..

it was actually nice, unlike that guinness crap
    *spit*
    pity we don't get Grolsch on tap here in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Guinness and John Powers

or

Bulmers and Vodka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lister

Guinness to start with

then onto Southern Comfort and red

then come the shots,

usually Tequila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Carlsberg and Bulmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Lone unfashionable wolf....

.....a decent pint of Smithwicks is yer only man.....

if you can find a *decent* one that is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Mordeth, what the hell would you know about Murphys ? How many pints of it have you had ? And of those how many were in Cork ? Murphys in the dcu bar, pffft.

Rymus, what about Beamish ? Or Blarney Blonde ?

If you want some chemical free liquid refreshment you should try Kinsale lager. They call it the hangover free beer, theres been extensive testing of it, but not by me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭JOOROWNED

drink bud..... and shots...... and whatever im handed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by yellum
    Rymus, what about Beamish ? Or Blarney Blonde ?

Wae aye man... I do like a pint of beamish now and then. Cant say I've tried Blarney Blonde tho... I must get out more :D

Mordeth, theres a distinct difference between Murphys served in Cork (perferably in an 'old man' pub) and Murphys served anywhere outside the Cork county border. Its a well known fact that it doesnt travel well so by the time it gets up to your taps in DCU you may as well be drinking Guinness (or bog water - your choice). Come down to Cork sometime and have a pint to see what Murph's is supposed to taste like.

Murphys in the dcu bar, pffft.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the main drink in a pub is Heineken. sometimes Jameson and and a dash of red will follow. in a nightclub and on a very warm day i drink Bulmers

/me raises his middle finger and points it at yellum

{edit} can't believe i forgot "middle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mostly Miller Genuine Draft.

But when I can get it, Stella Artios all the way! Best beer evar!

And sometimes Bulmers.

Then maybe vodka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Bulmers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Soft drinks and (very) Rarely, a glass of white wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

Bacardai and Coke where the first bottle of Coke will last only 2 bacardai and by the end fo the night one bottle will do 5 or 6 of them!!!!

then theres always Malibu straight or with pineapple for a lovely cool summer drink, or baileys and crushed ice, rum and black is good too.... but shots.... oh dear i tend to just pass out after a few.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Guinness, then Hennessy (with ginger ale and ice in a tall glass, brandy balloons are so impractical).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Average nite (as apposed to day sessions!) 7-10 pints ale, preferably smithwicks, and then vodka n orange for the rest of the nite.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mainly Bulmers with occasional Smithwicks or Vod & Red Lemonade. The occasional Harvey's Wallbanger cocktail is nice where applicable.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Gawd, how the **** did u not put some sort of cider in that list ffs,
    BULMERS!!!!!
    Teh knacker drink turnede into snobbishley expensive!!!
    Gwan,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

White wine all the way...Tequila if I'm having a bad night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Budweiser followed by Vodka +red bull followed by Sambucca

Usually can't remember anything past the first Sambucca but I'm reliably informed that I usually have a few more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

just a wee dabble with JD and Red Bull!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

the warm blood of virgins usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    the warm blood of virgins usually.

tis lovely aint it but so hard to find a virgin these days .

anyways . i usualy drink bud then move onto wkd blue and smerinof ice mixed in a pint glass then 4 shots of vodka in a pint glass with some orange . after that im anyones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I could be found drinking either Bulmers, Bud, or Guinness. That all depends on where I am. Bulmers is the safest option because a pint bottle tastes the same everywhere. Bud is too often watered down in the busy pubs, and good Guinness is hard to find, but the important bit to remember is that it can be found. ;)

The most interesting and refreshing drink I had lately was 3 blue aftershocks + a smirnoff ice in a pint glass. Christ it was beautiful, but cost me €14, so I wouldn't be on for rounds of that, I can tell you. Perhaps 1 - 2 of them as a treat on any given night out, depending the occasion.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I tend to lay down the foundations with a couple of Heiniken or Guinness then I build the walls with jack daniels and coke and sometimes blow the roof off with an after shock or similarly explosive shot.

Et voila, a fully drunken house.

And I'd just like to say to all the people demanding non-alchoholic options: I don't trust you, you communists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Whiskey and coke would be my favoured tipple. JD usually, but not picky..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by phobos

The most interesting and refreshing drink I had lately was 3 blue aftershocks + a smirnoff ice in a pint glass. Christ it was beautiful, but cost me €14, so I wouldn't be on for rounds of that, I can tell you. Perhaps 1 - 2 of them as a treat on any given night out, depending the occasion.

Those things provide you with the worst hangovers in the world...ever. And then some. Last time i had some (two of em) I was puking the next morning... BLECH.

Nice tasting drink though :D

I know it tastes very nice indeed ;)

The last time I had one was about 3 weeks ago, and I can't actually remember if I had a hangover. But I do remember holding on to a wall later on in the night, waiting for the cloak room to come around so I could collect my jacket :rolleyes:

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I go for the guinness. If Miller is on tap and the Guinness is complete crap (and i mean horrible) then i'll have that. Just while we are on the subject of concoctions, had an interesting one recently. Double vodka in a pint glass mixed with a smirnoff ice topped off with lucozade. Hit the spot i can tell you!

I'm having difficulty as to how the smirnoff ice, and the lucozade would mix (or would they even mix?). Also a tad vokda(ee) for me, but yes I have to admit if it's refreshing I will have to try it sometime. Good'one ;)

Anyone else have any nice refreshing concoctions, based on taste/cost/potency ;) ?

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

All of the above! Im not picky :) But if i had to choose i would go for miller/bulmers(precious nector of the gods) or carlsberg

Favourite shot is aftershock :)

Originally posted by phobos
    I'm having difficulty as to how the smirnoff ice, and the lucozade would mix (or would they even mix?).

;-phobos-)

Oh its beautiful. trust me on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

If the guinness is good I'll go for a few pints of that to start with but I've had a ridiculous number of bad pints of guinness so I've sort of given up taking it anywhere except one pub. These days it's Bulmers for a while then unto shots, I'll drink any shot I'm given basically but if I'm buying it's usually double vodkas or aftershocks.

I never buy Smirnoff Ice or WKD when I'm out but any time I've been at a friends house drinking there's usually been bottles of it floating about, and I'll drink that if there's any handy, especially later on in the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Pub = Guiness no other, oh how I have laughed at beer reps,
    Rep: "Its a miller promotion"
    Me: "Thats no guiness"
    Rep: " "
    Me: "pff go away with your lesser drinks"
    Rep: Goes red walks away

Nightclub = Baileys in milk no ice, nummy should see the looks I get from behind the bar, but I'm slowly spreading the good news of this drink. I'd also be found drink vodka, with whatever substance takes away that crap vodka tast, double vodka + smirnoff ice n pint glass is good. Baby guiness, Irish monkey, my stomach is a dangerous mix of alcohol at anytime on a thursday or saturdat night, DO NOT LIGHT A MATCH. oh ya and JD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Finally graduated from years of Heineken. The thing is that I can drink stout all night, but after about 5 pints of Heineken, I'd have to go on the triple JD's and red bull, or the triple tia marias with a dash of orange.

So now, I stay on the Guinness or Beamish all night long, except in a Nightclub, where I usually drink one of those faggoty drinks like Smirnoff Ice, or Archers Aqua. Not great for the image, but you can down 10 of 'em and not realise it - which is good...

Occasionally I'd still go for one of the aformentioned triples...

Anyway, here's one for y'all if there's a party on:

Ingredients:
    1 bottle of Vodka
    1 empty naggin bottle
    6 packets of Skittles

Directions

Open the packets of skittles, and seperate all the green skittles.
    about 3/4 fill the empty bottle with the vodka.
    Place all the green skittles in the naggin bottle.
    Place all the other skittles in the vodka bottle
    Leave to sit in the fridge overnight.

On returning, you will have see that the vodka will have absorbed all the skittles, and are left with two drinks: A green lime flavoured drink, and a redish coloured drink. Both are devine, 40%, and dangerous.

Why not mix the green skittles? Well, otherwise the thing would be a dark brown colour and nobody would drink it...

Enjoy.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Okay I was starting to get a little worried about myself as for the last couple of years every night I go out I get legless and blackout some of the night, now having read some of the drinking habits on here I'm a little less worried but worried nevertheless.

So my question is how many of you get blotto every night you go out?

I go out once or twice a week btw not every night.

:knockedout: :knockedout: :knockedout:

Originally posted by timod
    Not great for the image, but you can down 10 of 'em and not realise it - which is good...

Oh yeh it's excellent if you don't like money! Why don't you stay on the plain and save a few quid while enjoying a vastly superior bevvvy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

BULMERS.jpg

by the crate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement