Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda

• 30-03-2002 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I Created this Thred as a result of what i said in the thread "mock elections"

There Last week I was , like me or my friends are most weeks, Taken down to the Garda station and beaten and kicked by 2 garda for what seemed like hours and locked in a cell for 2 hours and might i add i am only 17, then sent out on to the street at to walk home gushing blood.
    now i know whatsomeones going to say "you must be doing something" well yes drinking underage but when has this become a capital offince in Ireland

Now so its not only Sinnfeiners (If at all) it's also the present government invloved in such discusting acts by not cleaning up the garda and not imploying a proper complent board are ombudsman. But even more than that is needed because if i was to complain i would need proof and when my mamcalled the sation they had no record of me being in the station and even if there was they just say that you fell the said that to loads of my mates' mam before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kappar
    There Last week I was , like me or my friends are most weeks,

Are you saying you are arrested and beaten every week? Do you have medical records? Have you spoken to a solicitor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by Victor

Are you saying you are arrested and beaten every week? Do you have medical records? Have you spoken to a solicitor?

I can't say it has been every week but it has been loads of times. I do have medical records and have brought them down to the garda station only to be told there is no record of me being taken to the station or even of being stoped by a garda and one time there was a record and they said i fell! a friend of my did take a case to civil court and lost because the Garda went up and told Lies and was backed up by other gardas and i know the were lies 'cause i was there but that wasn't worth his while because now he is arrested for any litttle thing he dose and taken down to the station and held for hours then let out to walk home, once they even arrested on the way home and took him back down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

And how do you address these gardi, if a garda stops me its: yes sir, no sir, not go fock yourself.

seriously why are you getting arrested, mostly the gardi just take the can away from you if they see you with one, they dont waste there type beating the ****e out of you.

is it the same gardi each time? maybe they have it in for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Theres absolutely nothing you can do about it Kappar. I've heard of people being in similar situations in the past, and the sad fact is the only people who can hold Gardai accountable for their actions are other Gardai. As you can imagine this means that in many areas Gardai can get away with anything short of murder, and I dare say there may well be a Garda or two out there who have gotten away with even that crime.

All I can say to you is stop pissing off the individual Gardai in question, and vote Fine Gael or Labour in the next general election, as both parties (I think) have promised an independent Garda ombudsman if elected.

hes 17, he cant vote

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Boston
    And how do you address these gardi, if a garda stops me its: yes sir, no sir, not go fock yourself.

seriously why are you getting arrested, mostly the gardi just take the can away from you if they see you with one, they dont waste there type beating the ****e out of you.

is it the same gardi each time? maybe they have it in for you

it's not yes sir, no sir and it's not , not go fock yourself

heres and example

Me - "Jaysus now what"
    Garda - "Who owns the cans lads Haugh"
    Me - "Don't know"
    Garda - "Don't Give me that ****e"
    Me - "Alright there his" *Pointing at a mte over 18*
    Garda Rookie - "Where do you live"
    Me - Give Address *Council Estate with not a good Reputation*
    Garda - "Gimme the cans"
    Me - Give Cans
    Garda - Pours cans out then checks us for Drugs, finds nothing
    Garda rookie- "Now **** off home"
    Me- Start to walk away
    Garda Rookie- "You cheaky Bastard" *For leaveing can there*
    Garda rookie- Grabs me throughs me against car pushs my head down throughs me in the back of car then when he is getting in "Move over" elbowing me in ribs
    me- *move over*
    garda rookie- "more"elblowing me again
    Me- "I can't ****ing move any more" *angry at this stage*
    Garda Rookie - "Don't be ****ing cheeky" Punch to the ribs
    Me - "ahh"
    Garda driveing - "Shut him up"
    Rookie - Grabs me by troat "Shut up"
    Taken into station
    put in cell left for a while then i shout "Here come on let me out"
    Garda- comes in pushs me to the ground "Shut your mouth"
    Me- "i know my rights"
    Garda - "well done" gives me a few kicks
    after a while i am let out

now the past few weeks it has been getting worse there is an new operation were there are to takew any one in groups of 3 or more for instance last week there was 30 of us in the station at one time.

Now mabey Bosten you think that was cheeky but even if it was it gives no one the right to beat someone

i hasten to add that example was no way the most extreme i have been in and no way the worst i have seen for example the other week i was in my house and i looked out the window cause i heard shouting i saw a garda on top of a 14 year old traveler beating him about the head with his torch then standing on his back then kicked him in the back of the head saying "Don't ****in run from me" later a squad car arrived and a lady on my road ran out oo tha garda to complain but the garda said "He was tampering with cars" and through the child in the squad car and flew of up the raod and i found out what the did to the kid in the station and i wont tell you that cause they beat him silly
    now i know he was messing with cars but come on even the lady across the road whose car he was at had to try and stop the garda and this lady is a moany ****

now that was one of the worst i have seen but there is worse i have been told but i wont tell you them cause i didn't see them and it would just be hear say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Take some advice.

Take the Garda to court, do it now, use legal aid, that is what it is there for empowering people to redress injustice. Good god, you can't accpet that kind of beahiour, you can't let the Gardai get away with breaking the law.

Take it from me, I'm older than you, get up off of your ass and do something about these illegal beatings.The Gardai do not exist to unilaterally enforce law, but to arrest those who break it, make this distinction and do something to assuage your situation. Victor has a point, the next time it happens catalog the brusing with a doctor and take the state to court end of story.

Yes you are breaking the law but so are they and the Garda are not a law above law, it is a job that most do well, but the minority of moron's like the abusers you have described need to be dealt with harshly and ruthlessly.

Also if you are going to take issue with these infractions by the yocal Garda, you have to cut out the drinking and getting caught else your holier than thou argument will fall straight on it's face.

Typedef.

Originally posted by Bosco
    Theres absolutely nothing you can do about it Kappar. I've heard of people being in similar situations in the past, and the sad fact is the only people who can hold Gardai accountable for their actions are other Gardai. As you can imagine this means that in many areas Gardai can get away with anything short of murder, and I dare say there may well be a Garda or two out there who have gotten away with even that crime.

All I can say to you is stop pissing off the individual Gardai in question, and vote Fine Gael or Labour in the next general election, as both parties (I think) have promised an independent Garda ombudsman if elected.

your are so right there is a 2 guys in my area that have garda as dad one is really high up and this garda's son joy rides steals but every time he get caught he gets away with it one time the garda beats him and his dad got the garda to come to his house to say soory to him and the other guy took his dad garda jaket out and start stopping cars and stuff and when he was caught by the garda he was beat but when the found out he was his fathers son the got his father down and he told me that his dad had any record of him being arested destroyed
    now is that fair?

two sides to every story.

to be honus i dont have alot of faith in the gardi so nothing surprises me about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 snoop_dogg

Originally posted by Kappar

it's not yes sir, no sir and it's not , not go fock yourself

heres and example

Me - "Jaysus now what"
    Garda - "Who owns the cans lads Haugh"
    Me - "Don't know"
    Garda - "Don't Give me that ****e"
    Me - "Alright there his" *Pointing at a mte over 18*
    Garda Rookie - "Where do you live"
    Me - Give Address *Council Estate with not a good Reputation*
    Garda - "Gimme the cans"
    Me - Give Cans
    Garda - Pours cans out then checks us for Drugs, finds nothing
    Garda rookie- "Now **** off home"
    Me- Start to walk away
    Garda Rookie- "You cheaky Bastard" *For leaveing can there*
    Garda rookie- Grabs me throughs me against car pushs my head down throughs me in the back of car then when he is getting in "Move over" elbowing me in ribs
    me- *move over*
    garda rookie- "more"elblowing me again
    Me- "I can't ****ing move any more" *angry at this stage*
    Garda Rookie - "Don't be ****ing cheeky" Punch to the ribs
    Me - "ahh"
    Garda driveing - "Shut him up"
    Rookie - Grabs me by troat "Shut up"
    Taken into station
    put in cell left for a while then i shout "Here come on let me out"
    Garda- comes in pushs me to the ground "Shut your mouth"
    Me- "i know my rights"
    Garda - "well done" gives me a few kicks
    after a while i am let out

this can all be viewed very subjectivly. what you see as being "smart" can be viewed by the guard as being a little prick, when they have to deal with them all night, it's not surprising when they let off some steam.

now the past few weeks it has been getting worse there is an new operation were there are to takew any one in groups of 3 or more for instance last week there was 30 of us in the station at one time.

Was there really 30 in the station? If there was, were all of them 'innocents' like you?

i hasten to add that example was no way the most extreme i have been in and no way the worst i have seen for example the other week i was in my house and i looked out the window cause i heard shouting i saw a garda on top of a 14 year old traveler beating him about the head with his torch then standing on his back then kicked him in the back of the head saying "Don't ****in run from me" later a squad car arrived and a lady on my road ran out oo tha garda to complain but the garda said "He was tampering with cars" and through the child in the squad car and flew of up the raod and i found out what the did to the kid in the station and i wont tell you that cause they beat him silly
    now i know he was messing with cars but come on even the lady across the road whose car he was at had to try and stop the garda and this lady is a moany ****

now that was one of the worst i have seen but there is worse i have been told but i wont tell you them cause i didn't see them and it would just be hear say [/B]

You dont want to tell us what happend to the traveller kid in the station, but you do know that they beat him silly, while at the same time you dont want to go telling tales cos of your fear of spreading hear say.

Get your story straight before you go about telling stories etc.

At the same time, you might want to invest in a basic english course, because it is obviously not your first language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Typedef
    Take some advice.

Take the Garda to court, do it now, use legal aid, that is what it is there for empowering people to redress injustice. Good god, you can't accpet that kind of beahiour, you can't let the Gardai get away with breaking the law.

Whilst I absiolutely agree with the sentiments of TypeDef here, herein lies the single biggest obstacle to taking a garda to court:

The garda complaints board is run by, and staffed by, (you guessed it) gardai. So until that little "problem" is addressed the gardai, quite frankly, ARE above the law and they know it :(

Was there really 30 in the station? If there was, were all of them 'innocents' like you?

I never said that we were 'innocents' of, however what we do dose not deserve any sort of abuse by the people that are there to stop the voilence.

You dont want to tell us what happend to the traveller kid in the station, but you do know that they beat him silly, while at the same time you dont want to go telling tales cos of your fear of spreading hear say.

Although telling what I heard about the traveller kid is hear say it was from the kid so, a primary source but the other stories were from people that heaed it along the grape vine thus not as realible as it should be to go making statements.

At the same time, you might want to invest in a basic english course, because it is obviously not your first language.

Well english is me first language but spelling and grammer are not my strong point and trying to type makes it worse but mabey i will go and try to learn spelling somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

OK Kappar, assuming you are being 100% truthful about your situation and not just jerking us all around here, I can make some simple suggestions.

Take the money you spend on killing braincells and instead of breaking the public order laws, you and your friends all buy disposable cameras.

Carry them with you all the time.

If possible photograph illegal activity on the part of the Gardai, and any bruising wounds etc.

I would recommend NOT being a smart ass about it, do it in a low key fasion.

It might be an idea to stop breakin the law, dude you are not far from being legal, at which point you can begin destroying you liver with impunity. Personally if the cost of having a brewski was a kick in the ribs evertime, I'd prolly take the pledge ;)

Advertisement