Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

p45's

Options
  • 30-03-2002 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Feel free to move this, not entirely sure if this is the right board for it.

I never got my p45 from the last job i was with (was a internet consultancy). Its not that i did'nd pester them enuff, i even called back up 3 times, no luck.
    To cut a long story short, they have since went under. If' i'm applying for a another job i wont be able to produce a p45, through no fault of my own.
    Just wondering if any1 knows what can be done in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Contact your local tax office - they'll explain. If you are in a new job your current employer should get you to fill in a P46 (the form they need to send to the taxman if they haven't seen a P45)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

If they have gone under, then you are potentially screwed you may not get credit for the tax + PRSI deducted by them on your behalf. When did you leave and when did they 'go under'?

You could cause hassle for them by suggesting the directors were trading wrecklessly by continuing to trade when they knew they had problems (not issuing P45s would be evidence of this). Wreckless trading removes the protection afforded to directors / shareholders by "limited liability" status. If you weren't employed by a limited company, you /the Revenue Commissioners can go after them personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

The managment where monkeys

very weird mix of ppl tbh.
    Good Designers, good programmers, good PR ppl.

Managment did'nt have a clue about web dev, and the sales team (if you can call them that, Professional bull****ers would be more in line ) where a useless shower.

Bit of a flakney company altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You will get credits for TAX/PRSI in a bankruptcy/liquidation situation whether the business has handed the money over or not. You've carried out your side of the bargain by having them deducted in the first place. It's the business that is supposed to drop your deductions into the taxman's lap on your behalf.
    You should ask the taxman what record they have of your time with the company just to make certain. I've heard of some outfits that told their staff that they had been deducting tax etc but there were no records whatsoever.
    Did you get any payslips from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by ejmaztec

Once, ever...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

[thinking out loud]
    Might put up a sticky about Tax Forms-
    [/thinking out loud]

I used to work in an accountants are the revenue are quite good for sending out forms

Anyhoo, Gluck Havok on the ould tax back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

Originally posted by ejmaztec
    Originally posted by havok*
    Once, ever...
    Lack of payslips can be evidence of misbehavior by the company. Do you have any other records of being paid (like direct tranfers to bank account, cheques, etc.)?

Advertisement