Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What about DIY

• 30-03-2002 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

seem odd there isnt a DIY forum, any reason why there isnt?

i mean theres a gardening forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

/me searches for user "handyandy" for moderatorship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

Why now that you mention my name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

There should definately be a DIY board. I worked in Woodies for 2yrs and if theres one thing I learnt its that people know feck all about DIY!

Here are some funny stories that happened while I was there:

1. One time a woman came in and asked one of the managers:

"What should I use for my whole on the toilet?" And the manager said " Well certainly not your fingers!" She walked straight out! One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

2. A man came in once asking for crucifixation bulbs. One of the guys on the floor said try the occult section in the electrical aisle. He also walked out!

3. The paint nossels often get clogged and a new person didn't know about them so he just started forcing the pump down. A big blob of paint swirted on to someones suit!

There are loads more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

While we're on the subject of a new board, I think there would be merit in a tech support board.
    I'm sure there are a few ex-Gateway techs and current board techies who would enumerate it as would I.

Whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Typedef
    While were on the subject of a new board, I think there would be merit in a tech support board.

definitly, i second that.

typedef and boston for mods :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A DIY board would be great, I can see great scope for tales of near-death experiences and triumph in the face of "Insert part 2b into Section E when held at a right angle" type disaster.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

this product / service my endorsement has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Boston

definitly, i second that.

typedef and boston for mods :p

definately not.
    and what do we need another one for?
    and why gateway techs?
    i reckon ex-gateway IT people would know a lot more ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

DIY hmmm maybe, IT Support no, the tech board is that already.

Advertisement