Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

after installing latest detenator divers.. pls help

• 30-03-2002 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I installed the latest Detenator drives from Nvidia to try and improve my ****ty FPS on my tnt2 in Counter strike (20-30 fps) in places with more then 2 people on screen and im on ****ing 640 res and every thing ffs, any ways, when i installed the drivers its just after getting worse can some one PLEASE tell what the **** is going on and how to improve this damn frame rate.. thx

-Adren-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i may be speaking out of line as im not a gamer, but ive a tnt 2 on one of my rigs and its pretty crap in UT, let alone CS.

dont really think your going to get much better quality out of that auld card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b4k4^2

Be a man and cough up the money for a Geforce 2. You're not going get that rusty, old, tricyle any faster than 5mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

unfortunaly the newer detonator drivers aren't going to increase speed for a tnt2 at all.. they are all basically optimized for geforce2+ cards, with very few general optimizations that apply to the whole range of affected cards.

your best bet in terms of performance are the 4.*.508 drivers.. they would have been about early january 2000, might be able to find them somewhere if you have a look about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I had the same prob as ya Adren, the new dets wont do a dman thing really for the TNT2, the ones that woked well for me were in the 12.41 drivers. They worked well enough on my TNT2 giving me about 40 fps steady in CS. Shame it melted tonight! now its time for a cheap replacement thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

2 things maybe, Vsync may have been re-enabled and if you're using Win2k/XP your refresh in 3d games (unless you manually override with DirectX control, or via the games console) will be stuck at 60Hz. The util previously used to get round this, NvRefreshFix.exe doesn't work with drivers beyond 27.xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I know if I had your problem I'd be upgrading my card.

You should be able to pick up either a decent replacement for OK money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

*i could have sworn i posted a reply to this post*
    I had a Tnt2 and some of the probelms you have best thing to do
    is not use Detonator drivers .
    If you use windows update drivers instead when you run windows update a set will appear install them then run it again another will appear use the 2nd set .
    Also if you Bios has AGP 4x enabled disable it as TNT2 doesnt use that .
    And make sure you Apeture in Bios is set to double the amount or memory your card has ie:32mb card 64 aperture.
    If you have no option for Aperture (its spelled wrong i know )
    nevermind that part .
    if you use all the above your card will be running at its best speed then find a Nvidia tweak utility the name escapes now but www.3dspotlight.com have it and www.tweak3d.net or com .
    Use that and then your card is at its maximum performance
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try Guru 3d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

What cpu are you using? A fast enough cpu will be able to drive a tnt2 fast enough for decent fps in cs. Problem with the tnt2 compared to the geforce is that it does much less of the geometry setup on the card, leaving it to the cpu, and if this cpu is already weak you end up with bad fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

p3 500 :( i installed non detonater drive now.. and im still getting the 20 fps in battle scenes

• Advertisement
Advertisement