Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create a File Sharing Forum

• 30-03-2002 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

I know most posts about p2p file sharing programs seem to go in the MS apps forum at the moment. How about a sepeate forum for these kinda posts?

File sharing is just about the no.1 thing that people use an internet connection for. I know a lot about file sharing and would be happy to moderate any such forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sure, why not. BTW are you a very rich lawyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a very good reason why this thread has been ignored......it's Easter!!!!:D No, but seriously.....
    Originally posted by Fungus
    File sharing is just about the no.1 thing that people use an internet connection for.

Umm...no. No-one I know uses it for file sharing...... Amp is right too, it's a very dodgy legal area, and the boards.ie admins seem to like to steer well clear of any legal area at all, so I think the chances of you getting a file sharing forum are about as much as the chance of Tomo becoming an Admin.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

File sharing in itself is not illegal. If you look at the forum's on sites like zeropaid very rarely to you see anything that mentions the use of filesharing for illegal purposes. Questions are centered around how to use the apps.

File sharing is definately one of the more popular uses of the internet esp. where high speed connections are concerned. BT Openworld have said before that downloading mp3's through file sharing apps is one of the more popular uses of its ISP service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by seamus

Umm...no. No-one I know uses it for file sharing...... Amp is right too, it's a very dodgy legal area, and the boards.ie admins seem to like to steer well clear of any legal area at all, so I think the chances of you getting a file sharing forum are about as much as the chance of Tomo becoming an Admin.

:)
    Seriously?
    About 5/6 of the people i know share files, be it on irc or using p2p apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

so far there has been 2 post about file sharing programs, not alot mroe to be said about them.

i know allot of peopel who use office suite's does that mean we should haev a forum for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Fungus
    File sharing in itself is not illegal. If you look at the forum's on sites like zeropaid very rarely to you see anything that mentions the use of filesharing for illegal purposes. Questions are centered around how to use the apps.

File sharing is definately one of the more popular uses of the internet esp. where high speed connections are concerned. BT Openworld have said before that downloading mp3's through file sharing apps is one of the more popular uses of its ISP service.
    Either you're a cute ikkle warez-monkey or you're incredibly näive.

Advertisement