Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Devore Musical Instrument forum please

• 31-03-2002 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Well there is a gardening forum, which i think is a lot less popular hobbie than playin a instrument. Personally i'm a guitar man and i'd like a place when i can't talk about technique etc and exchange tab.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Seconded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Why not use the Music forum. Thats what its there for...to talk about music

trying posting a sensible question there to find out.

btw...boards are usually created by a demand in a certain aera, when one forum becomes overrun with certain types of similar questions to a particular topic. Take the Politics boards. It was created when a lot of political questions sttarted to appear on the Humanities boards. Likewise with the Biz/ecom and green boards. there aren't created because ppl want them, but because there are needed.

If ppl really want these boards there should be more questions relating to the particluar board they want appering on other boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr .Bungle

Keeks the music forum is for ppl who want to exchage views on musicians it actully has nothing to do with actual ppl who just play instruments . And i disagree with what you say that if ppl wanted a musical insturment forum they would be posting questions in the music forum. I think that the fact that there is no forum for questions about instruments forces ppl to go to someother set of boards with their questions. I think that you would have to agree that playing an instrument is a more popular pastime then ever and it deserves a place for ppl to talk about it.

Originally posted by Mr .Bungle
    Keeks the music forum is for ppl who want to exchage views on musicians it actully has nothing to do with actual ppl who just play instruments .

This Has nothing to do with ppl who just want to play instruments. Or this. Or this. I'm Sure this also has nothing to do with instruments.

The music form s for ALL thats to do with music, including playing it. There are hundreds of more examples if you want to search for them

If you don't post the question, no one will answer. If you want to have a discussion on playing the guitar, then post a question. there are more than enough ppl here who play guitar to join in. Try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Taking a leaf out of redbrick's book. How about a music making forum as well as a music one?

- Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr .Bungle

I get your point Keeks, but what you have shown is that there is an intrest in playing insturments, and i'm damn sure that if there was a forum for playing instruments there would be a load more posts about it. I mean notice that there are 12 different games forums, they don't just cram it all into 1 forum. They point that i am trying to make is that listening to CD's and saying what you think of em etc. is a totally different subject from playing guitar, accordian ,whatever.

But do you also notice that there isn't a forum for every game made. Just the ones that discussed most frequently.

The point i'm making is that if you want to discuss a particular topic, the do so. If enough ppl have the same views, ideas, "topic taste" then request a forum. There is no point in puttingthe horse before the cart. Whats happens a lot is that ppl request a forum. its becomes popular for a few weeks, and then ppl lose interest and stop posting to it.

If you really want a specfic forum then post here to make your request.

Advertisement