Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyin a guitar mostly for playing metal, Any suggestions.

Options
  • 31-03-2002 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've been told go for an Ibanez, a Jackson or a B.C Rich for metal.
    I could get em all for really cheap if i lived in America. Ne1 have any suggestions? NE1 know a good music shop in the Dublin area that have a wide range of guitars and decent prices. I've been into Musicmaker in dublin, they seem overpriced and the staff are condesending fagets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by Mr .Bungle
    they seem overpriced and the staff are condesending fagets.

They sure are,

Try Musican Inc they have good guitars and the staff are far friendlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

My own personal choice would be BC Rich or Jackson.

If you opt for the BC Rich, go for the NJ series.
    I have the Virgin, NJ Series.
    Nice and light, floyd rose, locking system, 2 humbuckers, 24 fret, and a few stickers I put on there.
    Great sustain, and a really nice neck on it. Downright brilliant sustain.

Jacksons are nice too.
    But I'd opt for the new Warrior Series they have now.
    Played that one a few times, pretty much like the BC Rich, but it's got a nicer neck, and the floyd rose was silver on the one I played.

I'd get one of those if I was rich, or needed a second guitar for gigs.
    But the Virgin does me great as it is.
    Although, if I did get the Warrior, I'd HAVE to get a custom fretboard. I can't stand those Jackson shark fin fretmarkers, they look immensly ****e.

Although I always thought Music Maker was a brilliant shop.
    I always get on great with the staff.
    Just don't know what it is with some peeps and that store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

flying v!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

An ibanez, not too expensive and its the mainstay of metal, you will end up buying one anyway.

bomB

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd go with the B.C. Rich. Excellent guitars. I have the Warlock here by my side and I don't intend on ever selling it I wuv it so much!

I'd say go for the NJ series Warlock. Its the ****!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

A Les Paul beats all and don't even bother arguing with me on that. Les Paul, Les Paul, LES PAUL!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A Les paul would be good, but a little expensive.
    Dont go near musicmaker!
    Musican inc has some nice Ibanez guitars and thats what i'd go for. But play em first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr .Bungle

Cheers lads 4 the replies, where is this music Inc place? i have a budget of around 500 euro and i'm willing to look 2nd hand. the buy and sell have a **** range of 2nd hand guitars, ne1 know and guitar shops that do 2nd hand as well?

My bro already has a washburn flying V, Sweet guitar altho there is a lot of fret buss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Musician inc is beside the georges st arcade, and they have a great selection of ibanez.

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Start at the waltons side of georges arcade, walk all the way though it and turn right when you get to the end.
    OR
    Start at musicmaker, cross the road and turn right, then take a left at Grahams (some furniture store) and walk down that road and you should see it to your right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement