Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ATM Hell!

Options
  • 31-03-2002 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I bank with the TSB in Waterford and I'm at the end of my tether!

For the last few months at least 2 of the 5 ATMs in the city have been down at any given time, while one, in Superquinn seems to have been decomisioned perminently, since the Euro arrived.
    Because of my job using the banks in thier opening hours is
    difficult and not made any better by being closed everyday I have off like bank hollidays (oops!).

Sometime this week I'm going to have to phone them but in the meantime does anyone else have this proberly with TSB ATMs elsewhere in the country or indeed other banks holes in the walls.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

I think part of the problem is with their new parent company Irish Life. No doubt there is a huge bitch-fight going on as to who rules the Property / IT / Retail Business roosts because you have Irish Life, Irish Permanent and TSB brands to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I know how u feel!

I live in Ballymun, along with over 16,500 other people.
    And there is 1 banklink machine (AIB). It is inside the shopping centre, and canot be accessed late at night/ very early in the morning!
    Is is down a lot of the time, which is ridiculous for 16,500 people!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

Originally posted by Xterminator
    I live in Ballymun, along with over 16,500 other people. And there is 1 banklink machine (AIB). It is inside the shopping centre, and canot be accessed late at night/ very early in the morning! Is is down a lot of the time, which is ridiculous for 16,500 people!
    Ah sure, ye couldn't buy anything anyway with the shopping centre closed ;) [I'm knocking the system not the people]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

For the last few months at least 2 of the 5 ATMs in the city have been down at any given time, while one, in Superquinn seems to have been decomisioned perminently, since the Euro arrived

Think thats bad !
    I had 2 BOI atms break down on me during transactions where i didnt get cash at all but the money was debited from my a/c.
    After much agro, especially on the 2nd time, i eventually got my a/c rightfully credited.
    FYI, it can happen to any bank atm, not just the TSB !
    why not have a poll on the best ATM in the country IMHO !! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't have a TSB account meself, but a relative of mine has an Irish Permant account (that you can only access on Irish Perm or TSB ATMs). Several days in a row all the ATMs in town were down, and so were all the ones out here. That was 6 in total (even in the dublin city center ffs). She couldn't get money anywhere... at all, had to borrow. She's getting pretty sick of it now too so she's probably lodging a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Irish Life messed up my pension and are offering me an extra 20% to my fund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Victor
    Irish Life messed up my pension and are offering me an extra 20% to my fund!

Cushty! :D

Mike

Originally posted by mike65
    Cushty! :D
    If that is congratulations, I'm now on about the 10th address with them (I haven't moved), it took 9 months to set up the direct debit (they lost the form 3 times), they put my money in hte wrong fund, they can't explain how my fund is calculated. need I go on?

Welcome third banking force! (hah!) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I dunno, i'm with Ulster Bank, and at some stage (so my latest statement tells me) in February I withdrew €31.50 from the ATM... really got to ring them and see how they think i did that!

<< Fio >>

Don't you know the new machines give out 50 cent coins?!?!

Was it a cash crd or a credit card (CC would include a withdrawal charge).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I never really had problems with atm's! well except this one time i came over from kilkenny to go out in thurles and every atm in thurles had no money in it!!! wtf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Victor
    Don't you know the new machines give out 50 cent coins?!?!

Was it a cash crd or a credit card (CC would include a withdrawal charge).

rofl. Cash Card... wow a credit card at 17? :) i'd love that...

<< Fio >>

Advertisement