Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the ULTIMATE pc?

• 19-04-2001 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

What is the ULTIMATE pc?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well you should be thinking of the ULTIMATE price smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

£1500-2000 Range Desktop
    £2500-£4000 Range Workstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a really big one with lots of lights and things that go beep

++ out of cheese error ++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Mine... biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

build your own one, i find dells gateways and so on dont really suite my need to a t
    they try to hard to be all round pcs
    i really dont see the point in having a 1ghz rig with only 128sdram, thats plain stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

behold:

http://www.geek.com/htbc/glanin.htm

USD$973,688.00 altogether.

now back in your box tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Not to mention the cost of a specially built room in your house to house the 16 50" plasma screens! HA!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    behold:

http://www.geek.com/htbc/glanin.htm

USD$973,688.00 altogether.

now back in your box tongue.gif
    </font>

thats totaly ridiculous fours 900mhz cpus

why have fours 900mhz when you can have 4 1.5ghz at 3 times the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

fek the P3s, get someone to steal a few of those 64-bit cpus......then overclock ema 'bit'...hehe
    Also, he has only 133Mhz SDRAM, Wheres the DDR???? though the 1GBRAM-on-a-chip is pretty impressive. The G200s??? Wtf? Is he just goint o be doing some fancy-**** photoshop? Get some Dual-head Geforces or Quadro2Ultras........And just what are 'solid state hdds'??? Are they like super big ROM chips???hehe,now THERE'S an idea....... smile.gif
    Of course the downside to this is that the Half-life engine is capped to 99fps, not the 3,000,000fps this machine would be pulling......so I beat it already... biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

the P4 can only be used as a single CPU, the XEON doesn't support DDR SDRAM yet, but you can get a serverworks chipset witch can support 4 channels of SDRAM giving bandwidth of double that of a DDR solution, the XEON's 2meg cache will hold nearly all programs, ay serious work would be good for this machine, + u could put a gef3 into the free AGP slot, and link it to a 17th plasma screen for games, tho a room of plasma screens would be cools, + with the flash HD's they'll load the mpas much faster than you, and get in the server first and kill you:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The ultimate Police Chief..
    hmmmm...
    interesting topic, i must say.
    i suppose he/she would have to be
    athletic,
    fast,
    caring towards the elderly,
    have a keen sense of racial tolerance,
    be willing to share his chips,
    have a cool name,
    and keep law and order while at the same time turning a blind eye to the crimes that i commit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Maybe it could do with a few gigs of Rambus memory and faster Xeons smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

maybe he ran out of money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kix:
    Not to mention the cost of a specially built room in your house to house the 16 50" plasma screens! HA!!!!!!!!!</font>

well if you stack them right you could make a room out of the screens alone :-)

hell ... you'd proabaly have sold your house to build that box ... and if the case is big enough ... sure you could stick it in case from an IBM AS 400 ... and you could live inside one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

The best system I've seen has to be the UNISYS es7000 check it out man that machine has power.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

Any body know where i can Buy a Cray??

I want to see what you can get for the same money in supercomputer land!

Advertisement