Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Card for Win2k Anybody?

• 19-04-2001 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a good tv card that work in Win2k?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Happagauge WinTV GO. About IR£60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

here is one of the cheapest irish places to buy one

http://www.marx-computers.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

Thanks, i have one at the moment but there are only drive for '98 and well I can only capture video no audio with the likes of Realproducer, but its own software works fine for Ty viewing and is crap for capture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Look, there are drivers for win2k for the win-tv go. Go and look at the hauppage website.

Sorry I did not mean I have Hauppauge card but a Brooktree based Tv Capture Card!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I have a wintv card (which I am going to sell if anyone wants it) which works fine for me in both ME and 2k for watching TV. For capturing it *totally sucks* (and I have a very high spec pc in every regard) and I am reliably informed that ATI cards are far superior for both watching and capturing. Also I find the best setup for watching channels is to run a composite cable from the video scart to the wintv card.

This is what i wanted to find out how good the capturing is!

Have you tried any third party apps for capturing video+sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Capturing video/audio on WinTV cards are cack. I've looked in to this extenisvely, tried various different codecs, different sample rates and different software, all were mediocre at best. If you want to capture good quality video I'd definitely go for a dedicated video capture card

What do you recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

i'd recommend any Osprey card -for a budget
    the 100 or 200 is grand.. many to choose from.

lph

• Advertisement
Advertisement