Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOARDS BEER 27th April part Deux

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ok, Asuka now owes you a Double Vodka :)

Although i vaguely remember getting you something in Tramhoe just after we went in the door, could be imagining it. Asuka's problem now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Someone bought me a drink in there, I thought it was Dusty though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I would love to go.
    Where would i crash?

Is it legal to sleep in doorways or bus shelters? (considering the govt have this law that being reviewed tomorrow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

im not going.* (damn work, aparently 4 weeks notice just isnt good enough!!).

* im clearly elated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I would love to go.
    Where would i crash?

book a room? mad idea i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Castor Troy

shutup.txt

Hey Castor Troy you know what they say mate.... it takes one to know one.... 'that is all'

Maybe I will shut up... you know later on... when I'm finished in your ma's house.... I know there's a queue... but seeing as how everyone else in Dublin doesn't mind waiting.. why should I?

nite now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Remember kids - you too can prevent yourselves from ever having to see any of Typedef's tripe by clicking "Profile" under one of his posts and then clicking "Add Typedef to my Ignore list" in the blue bar, on the bottom right!

Pass this on to all your friends. Remember, if you don't put typedef on ignore, bad things will happen. Shirley from Nebraska failed to ignore typedef and got hit by a bus a few days later! Richard from Ballybay was so distraught by something he saw while not ignoring Typedef, he caught his knob in the zip of his trousers and had to have it amputated!

Testimonies from previous Typedef ignorers :-

"I put typedef on ignore and a week later I won the lotto!" - Stephen from Kilkenny

"I put typedef on ignore and a week later my arm grew back" - Niall from Dublin

"Since putting Typedef on ignore, I've found envelopes stuffed with money under my bed every morning!" - Rob from London

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of YOUR SANITY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

"ive had Typedef on my ignore list for 2 weeks now, and ive become 28.3% more attractive. I'd reccommend it to anyone!" - Ciaran from Tipperary

Someone quote Shinji... I have him on ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me considers getting a flight on the 27th to "Attend" the session.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you wanted to read what he's said, you could have clicked the link to show ignored posts.

Smart, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yeah, it says "This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]" - just like it says for me whenever you post, Typedef, coincidentally ;)

har har

More testimonials: (taken from IRC sessions)

"I got saggy man breasts when I lost my testicles to cancer... now that I'm ignoring Typedef, I'm learning to take it one day at a time. I'm not there yet- but I'm getting there ... thanks to the Typedef Ignorance Proliferation Programme Syndicate (TIPPS)"

"I used to kill everything in sight... nothing in a 2 mile radius was allowed to live. Not even bacteria. Now that I'm ignoring typedef, I'm learning to control my furious homicidal rage and have taken up needlecraft. Thank you TIPPS!"

Join today and get a carriage clock, or a "TYPEDEF? WHO'S HE?" t-shirt absolutely free*.

*: This is not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

awe, poor typedef :(
    I am beginning to wonder.....:p lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Typedef

Hey Castor Troy you know what they say mate.... it takes one to know one.... 'that is all'

Maybe I will shut up... you know later on... when I'm finished in your ma's house.... I know there's a queue... but seeing as how everyone else in Dublin doesn't mind waiting.. why should I?

nite now.

Oh nos!!!! a 'takes one to know one' and a 'YORE MA' slag in one post!!!!! Double ZING!!!!! Colour me 0wned etc.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

loks like typedef has usurped my crown as the big bad cynical boy of boards.ie.

thank god ive still got the big bad cynical man crown in the bag eh?

typedef, pipe down and put a lid on it will you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Wow... I have always said that I would never add someone to my ignore list quite simply because if you can't see a post from a thread how can you understand the whole conversation... Now I realise Typedef breaks known reasoning and throws it out the window.. Added and happier for it..

[Edit]Oh yeah, and I also hope to make it to this prestigous event[/Edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by kaids
    Ok, Asuka now owes you a Double Vodka :)
    Fortunately, Mills owes me some good lovin' for the copy of Bushido Blade I lent him, so it all averages out anyway ;)

(Dont mention JK2...)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

you're too young to drink Asuka. I therefore cannot be connected with this event, if you are to be left drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

hehe typdef is entertaining, keep it up.

If you bitches think you're pulling a Boston on me guess again.
    I think your best shot will be to whinge to Dev or Cloud if you want me out of here else I suggest you pucker up, but please feel free to attempt to hound me in the same fashion.... between now and then, be sure I will be loosing sleep in fear of the ubiquitous bitchery.

Hugs
    Typedef.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Typedef

nite now.

bgtumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

tanx for saving me the trouble of looking that up :p

<--- never too proud to admit i know nothing

your all invited back to mine for dungeons and dragons,and some majik after a few shandys ok?.

Originally posted by [sk.Ser]
    your all invited back to mine for dungeons and dragons,and some majik after a few shandys ok?.
    can you just go back eat all your food, trash the place n puke everywhere but the toilet instead?? ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

fer fake sake, i don't want to see anything left of his posts AT ALL :(

it would be rude not too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by SheroN
    you're too young to drink Asuka.
    Not true Sheron! :)

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

"ubiquitous was Word of the Day on February 20, 2000."

Wow, youve been going there a while kiddo, keep up the good work.

I love the way you wade into a thread, obviously looking for trouble, with:
    cyberfisting.... is this like the bitch click's secret handshake?
    and will you bitches be able to find one between you?

and then have the audacity to say that people are ganging up on you? lol.
    Your trolling is so weak now it has ceased to become entertaining. Congrats on being the first person to actually make it to my ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I was bursting out with laughter reading this thread on my Nokia 5110 on the DART ...

Yes, - I read it on WAP (all 42 pages/cards of it!)... I was bored, and Typedef's muppetry and the reaction to it cheered me up no end :)

Hooray...!

(Looks like I'll be at the pishup, btw...)

I wont be coming over, I dont have the $$$$.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I believe I owe some people some drinks for Christmas Monty LAN... well, if i have the cash then i'll try to make some sort of restitution (or however you spell that word, typedef?)

I think Shinj, amp, dusty, neil, kyro, mills are on the list.... if i've forgotten anyone then it's cause i'm too poor :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Fortunately, Mills owes me some good lovin' for the copy of Bushido Blade I lent him

Err yeah, bit of a problem there...
    Richard from Ballybay was so distraught by something he saw while not ignoring Typedef, he caught his knob in the zip of his trousers and had to have it amputated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I'll be there. With my trademark annoyingly dull drawl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I predict headaches, nausea, scandal, eating, and generally people going "Remember that time on the april boards pissup....?"

ok ok! due to the stupid amount of email i got, i will also have jelly and ice-cream available at the 'after party' ok? but no eating near the games area! so stop sending me email!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Don't forget folks - I'll be there celebrating my 24th Birthday which happens 3 days prior to the big event itself. Therefore, people must buy me pints and/or perform sexual favours for/on me - it's the LAW! Jebus, I'm getting on in years - it's scary...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it - the last boards.ie pissup I was at was...
    oh yeah, last week here in Galway :) But I haven't been to one in Dublin in ages, so yeah, that's why I'm looking forward to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

The bruther freak will be in dublin that weekend.
    The bruther freak will attend this so called piss up.
    The bruther freak will drink beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

does anyone know what the Freemasons are up to for this night, because word has it they are planning something????? should we be scared???? :confused:

who who now?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    does anyone know what the Freemasons are up to for this night, because word has it they are planning something????? should we be scared???? :confused:
    why would anyone fear a bunch of geeky computer nerds ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

why would anyone fear a bunch of geeky computer nerds

LOL - you are so right azezil, what WAS I thinking??!!

logic1
    Azezielil will be first to get it on the 27th

oh no the little nerdy men are after me :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by azezil

no, youre not that interesting.

Originally posted by azezil

LOL, have you seen logic, he is far from small and/or nerdy.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Lump

LOL, have you seen logic, he is far from small and/or nerdy.

John

Ah sure I'll meet him soon enough. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Anyway fags Macturcaills is now booked under my name (Niall O' Riordan) when ye arrive just say ye're looking for our group if ye don't know any of us and they'll point you our way.

If any of you want food can ye contact me and I'll arrange platters with the manager on the night. Platters are around 30 quid each and would feed 10-15 ppl I suppose.

.logic.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by logic1
    Ah sure I'll meet him soon enough. I'm quite looking forward to it.
    AT this point i'd like to point out that anything i say shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone!! :o

i am weak please don't kill me ;)

I don't know anyone that will be there...how will i ever cope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I will be arriving tanked up, giving me the ability to talk to the first person I come in contact with, but without sounding like a complete pratt (Uh, are you from boards.ie?). At least I won't sound like a pratt to me anyway........

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Oh and on another note ye're never too early we intend to start at around 4pm.... well I suppose if ye came at 3 it'd be too early...

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well for the first time in my 3 to 4 years on boards I will be coming to a dublin drinking session :). So wheres this place called dublin?

Kayos

• Advertisement
Advertisement