Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any chance of Sandman Avatars, Cloud?

• 31-03-2002 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

Avatars from the Sandman (Morpheus) comic series..?

Any chance..?

Pleeeese..?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Corinthian, I think the policy is that if you create the set yourself, Cloud'll add 'em. Do a search on 'avatars and the thread'll probably pop up.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Just a simple question:Why is boards.ie against custom avatars?

Bandwidth?
    Maybe if they were hosted locally in our webspace?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Just a simple question:Why is boards.ie against custom avatars?
    :)
    because they look bad, while the avatars here are different they are all the smae "type"

also size restrictions would have to apply, therefore avatars would ahev to be uploaded to board space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I might look for some warhammer 40k ones.
    The Eldar Avatar would look especially good :)

as for why custom avatars are disabled, take one look at some american forums with customised avatars and then see the low quality and range of filesize and pic size of the images.
    They are pants.
    If of course you havea really cool one of your own why not put it forward for inclusion?
    Twould be one way of getting your own one up, and everyone else could use it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Boston, the current avatars arent all of the "smae" type.
    In fact there are vastly different ones.

Also, iirc, the admins can set a maximum height and width for custom avatars, as well as a maximum size in kb's.

Now that your post is ripped to shreds...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Celt
    Boston, the current avatars arent all of the "smae" type.
    In fact there are vastly different ones.

Yes they are, all small, with a minimun number of colours, many are obviously from the same place, while newer ones are not. MAjority are gif files. dont contradict me, i thought you had me on ignor, kindly feic off

HALLOE MISTAH I CANT READ!!!!!
    For the second time:
    On other vbb boards ive been on admins can stick on a maximum size in pixels and in kilobytes, will i repost again except with larger text in bold?
    dont contradict me,
    It's kind of hard not to, you being the utter ****wit you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Guys, could you drop the agro here?

Anyhow, I'm no designer, but I've put together a few 32 x 32 Sandman avatars and have mailed them to an Admin.

Thread closed (please).

Celt you had me on ignor, you choose to take me off just to bitch about what i posted, not only does it insult me but devore he specificaly made that option available with you and others in mind.

dont like what i post, ignor it

and why would cloud bother his arse making that hack available, you have shown how well you use the hacks he spends time installing.

and why would cloud bother his arse making that hack available, you have shown how well you use the hacks he spends time installing.
    It isnt a hack, nor is almost every other vbb feature including ignore.
    They are integral parts of vbb.

• Advertisement

wow, you have shown great ability in reading and understanding the post.
    your going to argue with me now about what is and isnt a hack, cop on and grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey lads, could you just quit it and go bitch at each other in IRC because im 100% sure that nobody else cares about you two trying to score points over each other.

this has nothing to do with me, in that his guy has choosen to read my post. Its not down to me weather or no you guys read this bitching, ive done all i can do, there is an ignor option that he simply wont use. not my fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Boston 1 - The World 0
    plyd
    gg
    stfu

Boston you show great ability to suddenly change your point when you lose it, well pld.
    Also I do have you on ignore, but its so easy and fun to point how much of an........
    Stealing candy from a baby
    Fub, he wont come on irc :/

So you actually click on my posts to read them, you know how much of a muppet that makes you. And i havent lost it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Never had it.

Boston 1 - Rest of World 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

meow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I might look for some warhammer 40k ones.
    The Eldar Avatar would look especially good :)

ooooooo

/ me drools

A "Legion of the Damned" one would look particularly tasty also!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Will you people _ever_ grow up?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement