Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon AIW - review?

• 17-04-2001 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

hello
    does any one have one and what do they think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've been VERY impressed with the Radeon 64 DDR Vivo, I'm probably going to plug in the Radeon AIW 32 tonight and give it a run around. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

Le me know how you get on wwith the tv capture end of things if you get to try it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

First impression - damn good card. Performance isn't bad at all, towards the lower end of the Geforce range, but obviously your reason for buying one of these isn't for gaming performance anyway.

The range of inputs and outputs on the card is VERY impressive, far better than anything else in this kind of price area. Video capture is fine; nothing to write home about, but pretty much as good as you're going to get. Sadly, there's no way to get PAL-60 working through it, crapping on my idea of using it to play PSO in a window on my main screen.

If you're looking at doing some low- to medium-range video editing, it's hard not to reccomend the Radeon AIW.

I'll be checking out a Matrox G450 eTV early next week, so I'll let you know how it compares.

Advertisement