Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish intern in arafats gaff

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blue moon fever

millosovic was fighting terrorist in his own country, and now has to face the rath of his european counter parts, that is the facts. no one seems to bothered about the war mungger bush traveling half way round the world to bomb the afganies, on the whim that it was al quada who hit the twin towers, no one has claimed responserbilaty for the act, but it has not bothered bush that he may be killing inoccent poeple

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Off topic i know:
    Originally posted by Gargoyle
    But do the overwhelming majority of people also understand why Israel does not want to withdraw back to the pre-1967 borders, even if they believe that is what should happen?

Judging by the way this was ignored, i dont think many people do. If this has been discussed on another thread, my apologies, but people seem to happily ignore why Isreal is in occupation of some of the disputed territories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Originally posted by king of fifa
    i was just wondering if anyone else out there felt as proud as i did that this girl is continuing irelands long tradition of standing up to an opressor.

THIS WAS THE QUESTION I POSED.THERE IS ENOUGH SPOUTING INACCURATE COMMENTS ON THE "CONFLICT" IN OTHER TREADS.READ AND RANT AWAY ON THOSE
    She's got more balls than all the no-life nerds here put together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

LOL @ http://www.honestreporting.com/

Media Watch International was started at the initiative of The Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah, and is now an independent non-profit organization with its own board of directors.

'We were orginally funded by the Jerusalem Fund of Aish HaTorah but we're totally Independent and non biased now, honest!'

HonestReporting is always on the lookout for media bias. If you see an article that you feel is biased against Israel, or if you see an article that you’d like to nominate for an HonestReporting Award, please send us details using the form below:

'we're always on the lookout for media bias, once it's against Israel' hahaha, I submitted this:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

http://www.honestreporting.com/
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

...like two bickering peas in a pod.

As for the question that this post raised...

No, I'm not proud of her while the Palestinians are still murdering innocent civilians (as I said before in this post) but:
    Yes, I do think she has balls, albeit naive balls.
    Originally posted by ReefBreak
    I think she's very naive. I've heard the term used on the radio that she was one of the "Peace Activists". At the moment, I don't believe anyone protecting Arafat can be considered a "Peace Activist" - especially considering his total inaction concerning the suicide bombers. How many innocent Isreali citizens have been murdered in the last week? And please, don't reply with "yes, but many innocent Palestinians have been killed over the last eighteen months?" I know how many, and I know Sharon is to blame for that, but I wouldn't consider anyone protecting him to be a "Peace Activist" either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

i was just wondering if anyone else out there felt as proud as i did that this girl is continuing irelands long tradition of standing up to an opressor. THIS WAS THE QUESTION I POSED.THERE IS ENOUGH SPOUTING INACCURATE COMMENTS ON THE "CONFLICT" IN OTHER TREADS.READ AND RANT AWAY ON THOSE

Gandalf had, in the first reply to the post.

Do I respect her? I don't know enough.
    Is it misguided youth? Probably not.
    Is it thrill-seeking? Probably not.
    Is she naive? Possibly.
    Is she a hero? Heros are all to often dead.
    I can only assume she is genuine.

If she is a hero, I suspect there are hundreds of thousands of heros in Ireland.
    A bunch of friends decided about 1993 to go off and fight against the Serbs. Before they went someone's friend came back from Croatia without a leg. No one else went. I don't doubt their bravery. I commend their common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

thank you then to gandalf and victor for reading the question.solid reply on both counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

i was just wondering if anyone else out there felt as proud as i did that this girl is continuing irelands long tradition of standing up to an opressor.

THIS WAS THE QUESTION I POSED.THERE IS ENOUGH SPOUTING INACCURATE COMMENTS ON THE "CONFLICT" IN OTHER TREADS.READ AND RANT AWAY ON THOSE
    I respect the strength of her belief but one thing's for sure, she's not a peace activist. The group she belongs to recognises the right of the Palestinians to armed struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Before they went someone's friend came back from Croatia without a leg.
    just a as matter of interest was that the guy from Cork that went to fight on behalf of the Virgin Mary?
    I respect the strength of her belief but one thing's for sure, she's not a peace activist. The group she belongs to recognises the right of the Palestinians to armed struggle.
    I dont think she does but if thats the case I back her 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by dathi1
    just a as matter of interest was that the guy from Cork that went to fight on behalf of the Virgin Mary?

From Cork yes, but I think it was a matter of the brother of a friend of my friend's brother's friend's or some such. If you can understand that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Anthony Loyd (reporter for the London Independent I think, might be freelance) wrote a book about his covering of the initial Balkan conflict. He met an Irish guy who was cavorting with some ex-foreign legion soldiers fighting for the Croats, though the irish guy himself had no experience. I think he only gave his first name, Shane it was I believe, though maybe he gave a full one. Anyway, him and Loyd parted company after a while, and the next time Loyd saw him was a year or so later- "Shane" had walked into a landmine and had both legs blown off. He was drinking himself to death off his HVO pension.

Advertisement