Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to Pelvis

Options
  • 01-04-2002 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Remember those guys, they won the heineken battle of the bands got signed to London label Setanta, were on the Jool's holand show with Suede, released a good debut album, i bought it liked it alot.

Does anyone know what happened to them. I here they were from Ashbourne or something, are they under a different name.

Just curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

ste k you don't know where i could pick up that album do you......a friend is totally desperate for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Winning those competitions seems to piut a jinx on bands or something.......as for Pelvis....never liked them myself and could understand why setanta dropped them....the singer was crap wasn't he......

Did you know that Keith Cullen....the mainman at Setanta used to manage My Bloody Valentine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I honestly dont know where you can get it, id say try road or maybe look for it off setanta direct. other´wise i could make an md.

Yes there does seem to be a curse on the Heineken comp, Murv won it two years ago and i havent heard of them since, seems to really not have an effect apart from Pelvis, they did get 2fm best debut album of the year.

I thought the singer had a unique voice not crap, there last song on the album is deadly. Night and Day

Now does anyone know where they are!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

You are so not kidding about winning that competition being a curse.. 2 more examples.... "Electro" won it.. turned into a band called "Neon", signed to Atlantic records and went to the states about 18-24 months ago but has anyone heard from them???

"Eva Dallas" - truly magnificent band - won the competition and then disapeared completely, eventually they were supposed to headline the TBMC, I turned up to find out that they'd canceled, and one of the support bands took the lead slot, an outfit that showed alot of promise called "the jj72's" - no prizes for guessing who they turned into :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

just remembered that king sativa one it one year when it was moved last minute to Dorans about 3 years ago.

I see there still around, but the should have gone a little further by now, did they even release any thing.

Now where are pelvis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

I'll make you a copy of it if you want.

Advertisement