Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV5 coming to Sky Digital ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

I know that Mossy, and as someone who has a fixed dish I think that stinks !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

According to Simon on Digital Spy, TV5 (properly pronounced "Tay Vay Sank", as far as I know) will appear on EPG number 825.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

I noticed this evening that the label 4410, has changed to "TV5" looks like the launch is close!!
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 skydigionline

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    According to Simon on Digital Spy, TV5 (properly pronounced "Tay Vay Sank", as far as I know) will appear on EPG number 825.

UPDATE: I have heard a Monday launch is on the cards, on 825!

*I hope my sources are correct!*

Simon (Digital Spy poster) .....and Media Bullet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

TV5 is an "add on channel" in the states on Time Warner costing a good bit to add to your package. It does not suprise me that TV5 have gone for a non FTA pack here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

TV5 is free to air on Astra 19.2e and Hotbird 13.0e, but in a subscription package on Sky. Cheeky chappies!

I get TV5 on cable, it's great for the rugby matches. They have two commentators who go absolutely wild whenever a French player gets near the ball. Great when watching England lose at Stade de France. They also have a weekly review of French league football with all the higlights and all the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Now that TV5 has appeared on the EPG (on 825), I guess it will be time for this thread to be closed.

Isn't it nice when a thread has a happy ending (just like the Fox News one) ?

I wonder if ChristyG is still reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    I wonder if ChristyG is still reading.

maybe he is sampling the delights of TV5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Is it fta or ftv, or one of the packages? I'd go and pull out the card to see except her Royal Highness, Princess of Sky is watching Eastenders :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 skydigionline

It's part of the Sky Family Pack. Glad to see my source was correct on EPG placing and launch date! *PHEW*!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

and on that note....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement