Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a letter berating Eircom published in Irish Examiner

• 20-04-2001 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

This is most of what they published (they edited out other parts frown.gif)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think that Eircom’s behaviour with regard to broadband internet access is disgraceful. The phrase ‘The Celtic Tiger’ has become commonplace, yet this is in reference to a country with the worst internet access in the first world. Broadband is freely available in several forms throughout the continent of Europe. Even Britain, whose internet backbone is regarded as atrocious by continental countries, has DSL and cable freely available. I have a friend in Sweden who pays the equivelent of £10 a month for a 10MB line to his home. That line is cheaper to rent than our Eircom owned telephone lines, and has access speed some 200 times faster than our archaic 56K lines.

Eircom are charging outragous amounts for allowing companies access to the local loop, making broadband impossible for others to supply at a feasible cost. They have repeatadly ignored government directives to allow access to other companies at a reasonable cost. They are abusing their state created monopoly.
    </font>
    I doubt it will do any good, but its nice to have a go at eircon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Fair do's to ya mate. If you're in the mood for letters, go to my site and send the letter to the ODTR. And sign my petition. smile.gif

http://uie.8m.com

--Chris--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

stick it to them man, fry piggy fry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

Good on yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Take it eircon. They should start investigating the company to see where all the money is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

heh, 'Fry Piggy, Fry'. Classic.
    And not just cos I've just downed half a pig's woth of rasher sandwiches neither..........
    Let me tell you.....
    MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm........rasher sandwiches.....mmmmmmmmmmmMMMM

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i agree with the investigation...but i fear the culprits are gonna shortly get off scott free lads. i got me share papers in the mail, and its so damn complicated to figure out, the avg person aint gonna be bothered to vote. and as 35% is already declared that they will vote for demerger, and those that dont vote surrender their vote to the yes column...eircom will break up, vodafone will buy up, and obrien or someone else will swoop in and buy this shi-thole of a company and all the eircon directors will be gone.

the odtr regulator etain doyle will be left holding the bag and be voted out of her position for being too weak and leave in discrace as the irish childrens future of ecommerce hub is left in the dust.

anyone notice how eircom is challenging her on another front this week? she asked them to settle dispute with Imagine over their re-selling mobile phone connect time from eircom ...and eircom stood up to her and said "NO, u have no legal power to tell us what to do!"

on a brighter note...time is running out...follow the link

http://www.ireland.com/business/news/2001/0421/news6.htm

Advertisement