Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net ftp settings

Options
  • 01-04-2002 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Does anyone know the FTP settings for eircom.net webspace-
    Their site is fairly useless for info

for instance if my site address was like this:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~USER/index.html

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    George

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i used to have these settings

Host: ftp.eircom.net

user id: ruuree (which was my eircom email)

password: whatever it was

That always got me in..but i jus tried there and it wont work...
    I tried hompage.eircom.net too, that seemed to work a little better but was slow..try hompage.eircom.net instead of ftp.eircom.net and let us know how ya get on :)

Ruu :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Niether of those just worked me Ruu :confused:
    Have they not changed that homepage format Beastie Boy?

Fecking eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

They haven't changed anything. It's still homepage.eircom.net for the host.
    Try http://upload.eircom.net and see if that lets you in. Also they have the web space IP restricted, so try dialling up on Eircom or Indigo and see if that works.

i can log in on the site builder thingie, but the connection on the FTP keeps timing out, tho im dialing from Elivefree i havent checked with dialing any others.. :)

What's the FTP program you're using?

• Advertisement

moi? im using ws-ftp pro..tho ima download cute ftp laterz as i had a problem with logging in to another ftp before, then used cute ftp and it worked grande :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Ruu
    tho im dialing from Elivefree i havent checked with dialing any others.. :)
    you can only ftp to your webspace while dialled up with indigo or eircomnet

I use WSFTP LE and that can do some odd stuff from time to time. Sometimes having passive mode selected in the FTP client can cause problems, CuteFTP calls it PASV mode. Just in case that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

Ah that must be the problem-
    I'm using IOL so that must be why I cant access the FTP account using a client- is there any way to get around that?
    I can however use the upload.eircom.net service- but it only allows 1 file at a time :(

Thanks for the help.

George

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DonalanFear

There are two ways in which you can upload your website to eircom net.
    Through the eircom net Web Builder interface which can be found at http://upload.eircom.net For instructions on how to use eircom net Web Builder, click here.

Alternatively, you can use an FTP client on your computer, the settings for which are listed below.
    Information on using Cute FTP 4 or Cute FTP for Windows XP.

FTP Settings

Port Number: 21
    Server Address: homepage.eircom.net NOT ftp.eircom.net!
    Passive Mode: should not be selected.
    For both of these methods you will have to use your eircom net webspace username and password, which may not be the same as your email or connection password. If you have not enabled your webspace and wish to do so, click here. If you have enabled your webspace but have forgotten your password, click here.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the OP has figured it out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DonalanFear

Yep, I know - but I was hoping to find a quick answer by googling & this came up, so when I was up and running with filezilla, I put this in more for my own info when I'm looking for eircom ftp settings in a year or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Fine zombie thread.....locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement