Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA card with connection for serial/ps2 mouse?

• 17-04-2001 7:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Anyone have one of the above they'd be willing to sell?
    Trying to fix an ancient system and just can't get a serial/ps2 mouse working thru the com ports.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

awww
    c'mon you guys tongue.gif

even any ideas where I might pick up one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You need a multi - io card, preferably one with just serial ports on it but they are so rare now you are better off trying to get the existing setup working. Go into the bios setup, check the com ports are enabled. perhaps you need a 25 pin to 9 pin adapter, to try the mouse on the other serial port. These adapters are still available. In windows, in control panel -> system -> device manager -> ports , see if you have any com ports there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

You can get the above adapters in Places like Maplins & Peats. Recommend you get a serial card though as my experiance with adapters (parellel - serial) was one worked in three!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

thanks guys - I'll give that a try.

Advertisement