Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 02-04-2002 6:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

What do i need to play EQ and what does it cost?
    And is it worth it?

Also where do more ppl her play?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

A copy of Everquest (though I recommend EQGold with all the expansions too), a net connection, $10 a month (credit-card billed), and a fair ol' chunk of time on your hands, or friends with know-how. Otherwise the grind early on can be tortuous :)

A bunch of the boards.ie crowd play on Antonious Bayle (European server), which is a PvE (player vs. enemy) server, ie, not possible to attack fellow players. I play on Rallos Zek, where you may attack anyone within 4 levels of you. This adds another dimension to the game imho, PvE can get boring on its own without a bit of lively guildwar/rivalry to spice it up, not to mention the random PK (playerkiller) wizard who sits at the zoneline waiting for you to come out so he can gank you.

It's an amazing game when you get into it, the friends you make in it etc, I highly recommend it. But I would say that wouldn't I? :P

Occy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

Don't go into the light! stay away at all costs, or you will find yourself having very strange conversions in pubs, debating the finer points of vampires, dragon zerg tactics, and the funniest inc train message you have ever seen...

Evercrack is the best game I have ever played, much to the chagrin of sgnificant others.

Advertisement