Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont you just hate it when.......

• 02-04-2002 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

.......you go to see the Royal Tenenbaums on Saturday night, and 4 oriental ladies are sat behind you talking out loud all the way through the film? 2 of them clearly didnt understand English and were getting a running translation. At one point, one of their phones went off and instead of turning it off she yapped away for about 2 minutes.

I was fcuking fuming!!!!!!! it nearly spolied the film for me. And the cinema was so packed there was nowhere else to move!!!!!

[PS - this is NOT a racist thread - I am merely pointing out the fact that they were foreign as I believe this was one reason for the running commentary - i get equally pissed off when Irish people talk through films]

Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Same thing usually happens to me but with kids for some reason. I always tell them to stfu - even if they are with their parents.

Also I hate it when you're sat down with your mates and then this big fu<king michelin man sits down beside you and starts tucking into his kingsize popcorn and two kingsize drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That only ever happened to me in the Savoy in Limerick with a ton of knackers. I didn't care though because the film in question was Space Truckers and was bored out of my mind anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Yeah some guys phone rang in front of me during Jeepers Creepers (crap film btw ) he took the call and started having a chat with his girlfriend. It was becoming a tad annoying when I couldn't hear the crappy dialog of the film so I leaned over and told him to "turn off the ****ing phone now".

He complied. He'd have had his head kicked if he didn't, and he knew it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Calm yellum, deep breaths, it's ok now...:D

Yep during Moulin Rouge, every 10 mins or so, at least 2 scumbags would stand up and walk out, complaining about the singing. :rolleyes:

The Royal Tennebaums - My bro went to see that last week, and apparently to knackers stood up, walked up to the screen and screamed '"BLEEDIN' SHOITE FILiM" before walking out. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Naw, what's worse (probably) is when you go to a Japanese cinema and the rest of the audience just sit there enraptured by the movie, saying nothing at all (they do this for every movie, even comedies - not a peep). Like going to the flicks in the Twilight Zone

Last time I experienced it was when a few of us went to see Planet of the Apes in Hiroshima (shame they didn't do it in a post-apocalyptic setting, at least it would have been ironic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

This would be why I go to the cinema late, when no one else is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Yeah I remember when I was whatching A.I. (bollox) and two skangers were sittin' behind me-and were abviously looking for trouble. They talked, farted and threw pocorn at me and my friend sayin' "BLEEDIN' GOTS". I just stood up and was nearly gonna punch one of them untill I realised there was 10 of the fu(kers. So I just walked out to the manager and got the w@nkers kicked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    That only ever happened to me in the Savoy in Limerick with a ton of knackers. I didn't care though because the film in question was Space Truckers and was bored out of my mind anyway.

That place is still running ? Are the rats selling the tickets now ?

Happened to me during Ali, the place was full of poxy teenagers who thought the height of wit was to scream at each other for 2 hours straight. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Come to dublin to experiance knackers at its most highest peak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 phil_h

for years i had some guy with the biggest fu(kin head in the world following me to the cinema and sitting directly in front of me.
    i move to have people with abnormal sized heads removed from cinemas and also women with bad 80's hair that sticks out everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

How come when your a kid at a disney film or whatever theres always one or 2 old men who go in there purely for a nap????Seriously!
    And when theres a big party of 10 year olds who are fighting each other and running to the toilet throughout the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I hate when people don't turn their mobiles off :angry: grrr...especially when the don't even have the decency to be embarassed that their phone is ringing - they just answer it and yap away as if they were in the middle of the street.

Mind you, I have been on the other end too... I once took a wrong turn trying to find the exit and get out to the toilet half way through a movie and I opened a fire exit by accident and set off the alarm... ooops! :nervous:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Almost as bad as all this, are the guys who just plain stink in the cinema. Its as if they have just come in off the street after sleeping outside for a week, and then running a marathon, and all in the same smelly clothes.

Advertisement