Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFIV and FFV coming to europe at last

Options
  • 02-04-2002 10:22am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A news article in www.rpgamer.com has announced that FFIV and FFV will be coming to europe for playstation but there was no mention of chrono trigger. Also check out the pics of FFVII for the GBA in splendiferous 3D using the raylight 3D engine (I kid you not!)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Heres some pics of FFVII on GBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I am inclined to think this untrue, as it is extremely unbelivable. I've heard of the FFIV-VI ports to the GBA, but I just couldn't imagine FFVII on the GBA in full 3D. Are you sure that that screenshot was not an April Fool?

If this is true, however, I will be extremely happy. Also nice that FFIV and V will be coming to the PSX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

looks like photoshop job to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It could well be but the raylight engine is more than capable of doing a decent conversion from the demos i've seen. The resident evil clone and wipeout clone are very impressive. The only problem i see with the conversion is the size of the game but square say it'll be on a 256 cart which is very big and ffVII wasn't too big in the first place since the whole game appart from the movies was on all three cd's.

sorry ignore what i said about FFVII it was an april fools. (very embarassing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

I've already finished the Roms, plus the PS versions will have longer load times etc...IV is brilliant though, third best behind VII & VI imo...

Have to agree with u about FFIV haven't finished FFV yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

It's about time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

nice avatar.
    thief.
    gg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Word on the street has it that Final Fantasy Tactics is being released on the GBA, ableit scaled down a bit. Good news never the less.

• Advertisement

The FF tactics story is definitely true. I hope now square might release legend of mana, chrono cross and xenogears in europe. The avatar is here to stay deadbankclerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

some explanation please.

wasnt there like only 3 ff games released over here and in america, but 6 in japan and some of them were re-numbered??

What I know is that 3 were released before FF7 in english. They were FF1 FF4 and FF6. In america they were renamed FF FF2 and FF3 in that order. I'm not sure if they ever got a pal release but with squares record of europe hating/ignoring i wouldn't be surprised if none were released in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

thats exactly the info i wanted. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

AFAIK, FFVII was the first ever PAL Final Fantasy release.

The smelly gameboy ones did get released. I think it was because of a petition that FFVII ever got released in Europe. It was the same with Secret of Mana. I bet Square got a shock when it was one of the biggest games ever in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Errrm, actually, if I remembered right, FF6j or FF3 in America eventually got a PAL release years after it came out in the states.

Advertisement