Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE and Java problem

• 02-04-2002 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Was messing about with some Java stuff last week, installed the latest JDK set the classpath, path etc.

At the moment all env variables are as they were before I got the 1.4 JDK

Problem is with IE. Every time I go to a page that's got an applet it prompts me to download to the MS JVM, which I've done. Thing is, next time I go back I need to install again.

I upgrading to IE6 thinking this might solve it but it didn't.

Anyone got any ideas? What's giving IE the impression that the JVM isn't installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q183411

Have a look see :) also when u installed IE, did u tick the MS Java Machine .. or whatever its called, i had this problem and i downloaded the Java Machine and it worked ok, as for upgrading, i dont think IE 6 has damn all java support :) hope it works..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Yup the java support for IE6 is crap at the mo, I'd leave an upgrade for another couple months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Did you get sorted OP ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

s8n wrote: »
    Did you get sorted OP ?

I don't think they'll be back somehow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

s8n wrote: »
    Did you get sorted OP ?
    After 17 years, I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Closing zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement