Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver and Photoshop

Options
  • 02-04-2002 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Do any of you know where is the best place to purchase the above two software packages? Would it be better to purchase older versions of these software packages before investing in the latest versions? I have familiarity with older versions of Dreamweaver and PS 6.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Um, where ever they're cheapest :) Have you checked on the Adobe and Macromedia sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You can download all of the Macromedia products from macromedia.com, all come with a 30 Day Trial so you may as well try before you buy, its the full version. Dunno about PS demos/trials though...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

I don't think they sell older versions of Dreamweaver as far as *I* know, and if they did, they may not sell them any cheaper then the latest versions.

I bought Dreamweaver(+Fireworks) directly from the macromedia website and had to pay about €100 on top of it for import tax. If you buy within Ireland it costs more again. My advice would be to shop around some third-party software reseller sites which will generally give you better value then dealing with either Macromedia or Adobe directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Agree with peterd - it'll really cost you if you get it directly from adobe/macromedia.

Try sites like www.dabs.co.uk, www.microwarehouse.co.uk, www.jungle.com (even) for comparison.

Doubtless there are Irish sites/stores dealing in the products (apologies to those I've ignored). I've seen Dreamweaver on sale in Compustore in Stephens Green but usual pricing advice applies.

As a warning - Adobe will be releasing Photoshop 7 fairly soon. not too much added but always nice to have the latest versions when you're paying full price. Dreamweaver doesn't seem to have any upgrades on the horizon that I know of (Macromedia are far happier to play around with Ultradev these days) but presumably it's only a matter of time - like Adobe they release their products in waves and Flash MX(6) has only just shipped.

Advertisement