Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coming out of town today i saw murphy digging up the strand for a telecom

• 21-04-2001 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

digging up all the strand in dublin just up from the five lamps, had a sign up said it was for a telecom, anybody know anything about this, ntl is meant to get 100000 people on a two way network still, maybe they are back in bussiness, of course this is the weekend so even if they were we wouldnt know till monday.

or am i just going insane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'd go with the last one there.......
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

well i know the whole dublin 2-3 area has allot of work done on them, ntl and eircom were there early last year ripping up the place be never finished, maybe theres back to finish off the job, if so im happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

NTL are still upgrading, just much slower and quieter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

NTL will be attempting to get 100,000 upgraded to digital TV. They are planning to do this in the more recently cabled areas. These areas have sufficient quality to install digital TV but not phone or cable modem services. They may will be upgrading to the two-way system on the quiet, though. Under their licence agreement, they are only required to provide digital TV and not the other services.

serious man because that would be cool, they allreay have the lines running up to my house shame they never finished it, im going to ring monday and ask whats going on, at least this way i can forget all this adsl llu crap,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I dunno about NTL, but Esat have been tearing Kilkenny city up over the last few weeks. They've been all over the city centre digging up the roads, sprinkling these little "Esat Broadband" signs all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Esat & Eircom are both playing their part in totally wrecking limericks roads aswell smile.gif

They've both been at it for more than 2 years around limerick and its suberbs. (no exageration)

Moriarty

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

esat and eircom, hmm i wonder, it could have been them, but why, first time ive ever sen it then,

Advertisement