Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top five musical symptoms of senile dementia

Options
  • 02-04-2002 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

1. you enthusiastically race for the dancefloor when something from your late teenage years is played, even if it happens to be rattle and hum
    2. at least 70% of your current favourite acts come under the label of alt. country
    3. you think the white stripes are noisy
    4. you start buying box sets to capture the spirit of a by-gone age, especially if the liner notes were written by someone like ray davies or peter buck
    5. in concerts you stand as close as possible to the mixing desk to catch the better sound.

3 1/2 out of 5... EEEEEEKKKK!!!!

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

you start posting threads about top 5 stuff.

and replying to them also.

bollix, I must have it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

hum... and you start losing your arethmetics... my count actually amounts to 1 1/2, not 3 1/2... now that's better innit?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I'm only 21 and that happens to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Except the white stripes and alt country bits that is.

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    Except the white stripes and alt country bits that is.

PHEW! at least with me it's only the alt country bit! and i'm already 29! HA! and well... it IS alleged that i've bought a few spiffy boxsets, your honour, but honestly, i can't imagine being guilty of that offence! i only downed these sleepings pills with a glass of wine and then i fell asleep and then woke up in that prison cell, honest to god! i bought boxsets? *AGHAST* i acted like any old jerk... *deeply shaken* :silly:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

You end up singing Bon Jovi songs while standing on a barstool even though you hated the bastards when you were 12 because Maiden were much cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobafett

u think glen campbell rocks!!!!

he does rock, doesn't he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

oh no... I think its time for the home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

6. You buy Uncut magazine.

...which means I got 3ish out of 6. Ok, ok: 4 out of 6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

7. You complain angrily to yourself about people talking during a gig. Particularly if the Frames or Damien Rice are involved.

8. You buy a seated ticket for a big outdoor concert.

9. You drink Smithwicks.

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    6. You buy Uncut magazine.

...which means I got 3ish out of 6. Ok, ok: 4 out of 6.

:eek: 2 1/2 out of six! well i only buy it occasionally... can we count that as a 1/2 along with the boxsets? that would bring me to 2 then... not quite as discouraging... ;) btw - true about the gigs brautigan... which makes it 3 or 3 1/2 out of 7... oh gawd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Originally posted by brautigan
    9. You drink Smithwicks.

Hey!!! I've always drank Smithwick's and I remember that time when me and Captain Caveman and Dangermouse all went on the piss and.........oh yeah, point taken......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Surely the real old codgers mag is Mojo? (Although I buy both so either way I'm f*u*c*k*e*d.:confused:

"an old codger's mag", so I'm an old codger then? f***, I'm not even 30 yet and I'm an old codger. that'll teach me for being reared on my Dad's Beatles and Animals 45s (not physicially reared of course, we were fed liga and rusks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Most of the new rock bands don't do much for you.....you prefere rock bands from the early 90's.......Guilty

You find UK garage & Puff duddy style rap totally ridiculous (except for some of the Artful Dodger singles)

I read Q, is that an ould lad mag?

Advertisement