Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston and Celt banned from Admin.

• 02-04-2002 1:51pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For taking a thread right off topic and flame baiting each.
    It takes two to tango and you two are annoying the fúck out of me now.

Drop it.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

..... and then he see's the light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i never thought id use the ignore option as i reckoned that every user will have something worthwhile to post sometime, but these lads have taken the biscuit AND all the cream crackers!

Celt, Boston - plonk, plonk - ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I believe for sheer annoyance power alone Boston should no longer be a moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Cloud
    I believe for sheer annoyance power alone Boston should no longer be a moderator.

Here here! Well said that man!

:devious:

oh... and I'll offer here and now to take his place if you DO 'depose' him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by smak

Celt, Boston - plonk, plonk - ignore list.

Being ignored by Smak!!! Now that's an insult.

;)

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I must say im very happy about that, they can stick to the boards i dont use now. To be honest I dont think boston was the worst of them, but thats all im saying.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boston isnt the worst of them, unfortunately he's a hot-head and he's letting other parties bait him into anger. Both are at fault and I've put on my kicking boots.

Theres fair too much sly harrassment going on around here from all sides. Again I'll say, the loss of 10 vocal, trouble causing individuals along with one or two innocents wont lose me much sleep. Play nice with each other and we'll all get along.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

oh... and I'll offer here and now to take his place if you DO 'depose' him.

Here, you can't come into MS Apps/OS just after we've both stood down from IrelandOffline. There'll be war! :)

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore
    Boston isnt the worst of them, unfortunately he's a hot-head and he's letting other parties bait him into anger. Both are at fault and I've put on my kicking boots.

Hmmm exactly how many mods are banned from Admin?

I've baited as many people on the boards as Celt. You'd better ban me from Admin too as this post could be interpreted as me baiting you.

There’s fair too much sly harassment going on around here from all sides. Again I'll say, the loss of 10 vocal, trouble causing individuals along with one or two innocents wont lose me much sleep. Play nice with each other and we'll all get along.

And these 10 vocal, trouble causing haressers just spontaneously started causing trouble? Might there in fact be a root cause? Could it be that certain other individuals enjoy the notoriety of being the centre of these nefarious 10 peoples attention? Could it be that certain people just are unliked by the 10 and that there are even more people who agree (or not) but don't say so?

If not, ban the 10 individuals, remake the martyre Boston a Mod, and accept my equally noble resignation. I won't lose too much sleep either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I'll take over being a Mod for the games board if you want, me being a vulture and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Here, you can't come into MS Apps/OS just after we've both stood down from IrelandOffline. There'll be war!

adam

ah yeah, - I guess I wasnt really interested in the MS Apps/OS forum anyway... was always more interested in the Webmaster one... :P (j/k)

Well to be honest if Amp is de-modded I'd also like to be de-modded. Whole situation has gotten a bit ridiculous. There certainly was never any concerted effort between any group to flame or troll anyone. There was never any secret meetings or official club handshakes and rings.

Simply a group of people didn't agree with the actions of others over a consistent period of time.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

F**K ME!!
    For the first time in yonks I go away for a few days without bringing any Internet connectivity with me and look what happens?!
    All flippin' hell breaks lose!
    That's it, I am never leaving again...

Logic, you left your apron in the pub the other day.

heh

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

:D

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Logic, you left your apron in the pub the other day.

heh

adam

<edit: After lengthy deliberation the wonderous amp explained the whole history of the freemasons to me. Talk about subtle humour!! ;)>

<edit edit: Apparently Dahamsta you know too much and must be "strung up". that is all.>

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Ever hear of second chances lads? I dont have any idea what the chap did nor do I care but if its so bad Im sure Tom/Cloud/Dan will have words with him. If it doesnt stop after this then you can get rid of him.

And dont go flaming the ****e out of him I had it done to me a long time ago on these very forums and I can tell you it isnt the nicest of things to have happen to you, even if I/they do deserve it.

There is no need for all this carry on no matter what he has done imho it's childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ah Daz, that flaming made a man of you! :)

No Rob my woman made a man of me ;)
    I actually went on the missing list after all that crap to get my head together it actually sadly affected me that much :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by logic1

<edit edit: Apparently Dahamsta you know too much and must be "strung up". that is all.>

He'll actually get his throat cut, Brother Logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by [YWC]Daz
    No Rob my woman made a man of me ;)
    I actually went on the missing list after all that crap to get my head together it actually sadly affected me that much :p

Apparently the flamers are serial abusers as it would seem this Mod has had the other end of such flaming.

There you are someone else who has a life and can actually do things without flaming on web fora, just think lads some of you could be out of a life calling on this anti-flaming craze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Apparently the flamers are serial abusers as it would seem this Mod has had the other end of such flaming.

(1) The stuff that happened with Daz was a different set of people and a different set of circumstances.

(2) The tongue-out smiley at the end of the line indicates that he was being sarcastic. Indeed, the whole tone of the last number of posts hasn't been entirely serious. Attempting to use things from them as "evidence" isn't necessarily wise.

Well it did really affect me but I just look back, laugh and say,
    *SNIFF* I miss the old days :(

Seriously tho lads give it over its a communitiy forum and unless hes acting the prick and not just sharing his views on things then let it be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

:ermm: Sorry for annoying you Boston, I didn't think it would go as far as it did.

I feel really bad now :(

Slow Release Troll © 2002 Dahamsta, All Rights Reserved

Amp, you're a spoilsport. That would've driven logic nuts if you'd let it run. :)

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

flaming on web fora
    what the funk are "web flora"

In my mind flora are wild flowers, as in Flora and Fauna?

It actually was driving me nuts, I spent several minutes wondering if you were insinuating I worked as a barmaid or some such then I moved on to the "pub cleaner" theary which progressed into a "pub grub cook" and several other connotations.

I have only Amp to thank for releiving my tension... so to speak...

*special handshakes yellum - and so it must be done*

.logic.

what the funk are "web flora"

Fora. It's the plural of 'forum'. Allegedly.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

that sounds dodgy, sounds like some pe0n trying to sound smart to me ;)

I always thought the plural of forum was forums :cheeky:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

fo•ra

Pronunciation: (fôr'u, fOr'u),
    —n.
    a pl. of forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

forum

<messaging> (Plural "fora" or "forums")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

nerds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

wow, praise from Caesar.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Quickly Jehosephat, slay some hairy peanuts, we shall feast tonight!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

when hobbes and zero start getting sarcy, you know what time it is.... yes... its close the thread time...

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement