Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything happening with the boards.ie free email?

Options
  • 02-04-2002 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious... I know it was suggested before and apparently in the pipeline that we'd get user@boards.ie type email addresses... has this gone any further, lads?... 'cos "bard@boards.ie" would be well cool :cool:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

twould be dead cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

nah, soz, I already have bard@boards.ie, you'll have to pick another one m8 ;)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Lucutus
    nah, soz, I already have bard@boards.ie

Are you taking the piss or do you really have it...? and if you have it... why???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol, I'm jokin'.

heh

(although smak there seems to like the idea of having bard@boards.ie too!)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

well there's obviously a boards.ie mail server as cloud already has cloud@boards.ie - I was just wondering if there was any progress in the 'free (or paid-for) email for all members'... I'd be happy to pay for it, although obviously not an extortionate amount...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought this was already in action?
    As I have the email address oj@boards.ie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Lucutus
    (although smak there seems to like the idea of having bard@boards.ie too!)

hmmm. since bard has the name already id probably have to settle for smak@boards.ie

how does €10-15 per year sound??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's come up before, and I've mentioned it before, but what the hell:

Gossamer Mail

Can use the virtusertable and MySQL, so there's no need for POP accounts for everyone*. And a plugin for vBulletin is available. And Alex, the boss, is a gen-ewe-ine nice guy. Costs a few hundred bucks, but since you'd be starting out as a paid service, it should pay for itself pretty sharpish.

I highly recommend Gossamer Threads. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be pretending I actually know stuff in Programming. :)

adam

* POP accounts could be made available for an extra fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I wholeheartedly endorse this product or service ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have seamus@boards.ie, but I don't know the password for it :(

Regi was feeling giddy the day they got the new server and gave addresses to the first 3 ppl who pmed him on irc :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

unlucky that they're not givin them out yet.. but lets wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hi guys,

From a technical pov, its all there. We just have to decide whether to hand it out for free, or try to recoup some of our costs by charging a nominal fee for it.

I'll open a thread on Admin and see what people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

How about just mapping an @boards.ie addy to another mail account of the person in question.

It would be great advertising for the boards-
    I personally am prone to checking the domains from where mail is sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

yeah, an alias would be good alright. Be useful for actual correspondances involving boards.ie folks.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Hmm.. Would be really nice to have a @boards.ie email address alright. Perhaps sell a redirection address for say €5/year, and a pop3 for €15/€20/year? Im sure you could work out a more appropriate price depending on what its going to take exactly, but with something like that i could see a lot of take up..

Advertisement