Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error message at boot???

• 22-04-2001 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

came into work, turned on all comps as usual and one gave me this error message "No boot or DHCP option received" what the hell is that about...i know the DHCP specifies the ip address for the machine, but how would that effect bootup???? confused.gif

i went into what i thought was the BIOS n the only option i could change was the protocol used to contact the DHCP....

ne one ne ideas??? (windows won't load, n i'v never seen ne thing like this b4)

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

only thing i can think of is that your hard drive has either blown or disconnected and its trying to load windows through a network connection.but since you dont have that set up, it cant use it, so it tells you that a)no dhcp -> no network setup option and b)no boot -> no hard drive, cd or floppy...
    now, amnt i a genius wwman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

well u should no by now u really are my hero wwman biggrin.giftongue.gif ah well so much for showin off, they'll hav to call in someone else to fix it so...

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Same thing happened to me wwman thanks ur my hero biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

some computers have a wake on lan function so if the computer can't find another means of booting, such as the hard drive, the floppy or the CD it will try a network boot. The bad news is that your PC is not detecting your harddrive...so it may have a loose cable or be flocked.

I should also have read the reply above before posting this..oh well.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

[This message has been edited by meglome (edited 22-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crash&Burn:
    Same thing happened to me wwman thanks ur my hero biggrin.gif</font>

aw shucks...

• Advertisement
Advertisement