Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you moderate this forum? Help us out.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Apologies for lack of comment, I've been away for a day unexpectedly, and I am truly amazed at the level of response. I will be acknowledging all the offers in due course.

We are going to let the self nomination run until Friday night at 9pm.

I would like to make it clear that the reasons for Bard and Dahamsta's departure were given in my initial post at the top of this thread. It was a decision made by the committee, which they were both involved with.

With the evolvement of IOFFL as a recognised organisation, we have an increasing amount work to be getting on with. Dahamsta will very much be a part of this, unfortunately Bard has stepped down from his committee role recently, but he has kindly offered to help us with the web site.

We are going to stick with two moderators for the moment. Further decisions will be in the hands of the new moderators as control will be handed over to them.

I asked for people to mail me directly or post details of any relevant experience to assist us in making our choice. IOFFL will choose the new moderators and both Bard and Dahamsta will be involved in the selction process. It will not be via a poll.

Thanks guys,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would have offered, except my exams start on the 29th :( and after that I can't guarantee being here all the time. Certainly not ideal for a mod on a board with this much traffic (and trolling :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am not very active on this board, but i would like to vote for yellum/Dustaz aswell. I think they would both do a good job. Its a shame to see bard and dahamsta stepping down they did great work. Does anyone else feal that boards.ie have gone down hill over the past few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If I had a vote Id vote for Yellum ;)

:ogre:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hmmm...

Might as well nominate myself I suppose :P I think it's a case of too little, too late, but hey.

Brief introduction - I've been here since Summer 2001, reading up the information, occasionally replying when I can make a valuable contribution but I'm really going more on experience here :confused: ...

Experience - Webmaster (that includes forum mod) of HPFanClub.com - Now webmaster (and again one of the forum mods) of DarkMark.com. Also used to do some official but not officially acknowledged work for MSN Community forums.

Evidently no huge involvement with Boards.ie here - so I'd evidently be new blood - but perhaps that's what this place needs...a mix of experience and new ideas (or perhaps it just needs two experienced people ;) but hey I can't write myself out entirely in my own post)

Anyway, that's about enough of me tooting my own horn...onto the next hopeful...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I sent a pm to Dangger withdrawing my volunteering as I am in the Lobbying Working Group. Anyways I won't have as much time from now on due to my new international man of mystery job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by yellum
    I sent a pm to Dangger withdrawing my volunteering as I am in the Lobbying Working Group. Anyways I won't have as much time from now on due to my new international man of mystery job.

When I said onto the next hopeful I was hoping for something a tad more enthusiastic than this ;) Oh well - pity that you're out of the running, but you're on the Lobbying Group - so you make up a vital part of IOFFL already ^_^ that's something to be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well they are looking for mods that are not on the committee or working groups so that rules me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by yellum

Ah but credit where credit is due... that at least means your not a pinko.

I think there is one under my bed, yes, and I'm fairly sure he is either 1: A soviet agent 2: An eircom empolyee[n]

[n]Eircom employees are know to be avid Red-Hat users

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Dustaz and Yellum ought to moderate this list, were my view to count in this matter. The Force is strong with them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Interested in helping out where possible.

(if that counts as a self-nomination)

Sent Dave Long a mail to the indigo address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dromoland

I also would like to see dustaz and yellum moderate the list. Yellum might have a problem being involved with the working group but could the committee not amend the rules to allow this to happen.

I believe both of these individuals, like dahamsta, have the forthrightness, spirit and diplomacy to deal with all the different shades of opinion we get in here. They have proved this over and over again in their postings.

They are both true democrats so could handle the more controversial members without slapping these people's opinions down out of hand.

Irelandoffline must built on its strengths and continue to grow to be a greater force than it already is. The larger the membership we can boast of the more seriously our opinion will be taken by the media and telcos. Good mods will encourage the expression of all opinions and make new members not feel out of place thereby holding them here indefinately.

The new moderators have been chosen and informed. I am with holding their identity until they have had a chance to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Congrats to Steele_Manheim whoever he/she is!

(On a a side note, I do find it a little strange that somebody with 8 post, and registered on boards only a week ago joins Dustaz as mod - or is it an old-timer who just got a new name?)

Anway best of luck.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It has me puzzled too :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

With all due respect, and to echo timod and wossname, who in chrissname is Steele_Manheim?

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    With all due respect, and to echo timod and wossname, who in chrissname is Steele_Manheim?

adam
    Im only classed as a 'wossname'?! im hurt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by dahamsta

adam

I'll echo that also ... with a large "WTF!?" ...

WTF!?

Just running out the door to more meetings. I will make a fomral post to announce this but for the record, the new moderators are Sceptre and Dustaz. I have asked for confirmation of the name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Haven't changed my nick so I think there was a small error with the mod allocations (I suppose if that's the worst thing that happens today, considering the Esat meeting later, then we're not doing too badly)

Apologies for all the "cloak and dagger" stuff - Dave has been holding off adding me until we had a bit of a chat (and as you can see, it's an especially busy time)

I'll wait till any formal announcement before making my "I live to give and hope to serve with grace" speech :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Welcome aboard Sceptre:)

I wonder did the steele guy even realise what happened?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Yes that clears things up a bit!

Congrats Sceptre. :)

Tim

G'luck Sceptre :)

Advertisement