Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

98 Question

• 02-04-2002 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

this should be easy but for some reason i cant find
    maybe its a reg. edit
    anyhoo
    how do you stop the windoes folder from automatically expanding
    when you open explorer?

Any help much appreciated, it really starting to annoy me
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Never happened to me.....Maybe it's something to do with the 'folder settings' yoke, where you can give individual folders there own settings. My explorer saves where it was on exit, ie If I had the windows tree expanded when I closed it, it'll open it again when I start explorer again.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I checked the folder setting and folder options and still no luck
    couldnt find out anything on google either
    ill just have to live with it

I did find out some likkle 98 tricks though if anyone is interested
    like how to display a notice before someone logs on or to get rid of the logon alltogher ( not much good for networks , but maybe handy for hope use )

anyhoo thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

How are you opening Explorer? If you right click on the Start button then choose explore it will expand the Windows folder.

Try right clicking on my Computer icon and it should only expand your C drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

How are you starting Explorer?
    Check the properties\target of the shortcut you are using and it will look something like "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,C:\windows" change the last entry to c:\ and it will expand the root folder.

If you don't wan't any folders to expand add "/select" to the line eg. "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,/select,C:\" and this should solve your problem

Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks everyone
    that was really annoying me and i couldnt find the answer
    anywhere,in the end Edser way worked perfect ( sneaky, shortcut properties

ME 1 : computer 0

much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement