Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greens in election '02

• 02-04-2002 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Predictions for Green seats in the next election?
    Support for your predictions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 handyandy

This is a purely political discussion and should be kept to the Politics board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Granted it is political, but this is a forum for Green issues, and I think the potential strength of the "Green" Party is very much a general green issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

HandyAndy, read the charter and the new sticky I have made.

I would suspect the Greens will wiin somewhere in the region of 5% of the national vote and may well supplant the independants for 'shoring up' the next government.

Hopefully if this comes to pass some significant movement on recycling and the entire issue of waste disposal will be made through pressure brought to bear by this party.

Perhaps there will be some backlash in the waste collection areas, but in areas like inner city Dublin (where the only real people live ;) ) that are regularly turned into pigstys after so-called national events I would imagine that the so-called fringe groups like the Greens may well be able to capitalise on a backlash against the shoddy and delapidated state of waste managment and services in the North Inner City Centre.

I really can't comment on much else as I only currently have experience of the Inner City right now, however I would imagine that in areas like down in East Wall where the governmental types are procrastinating about building flood management services the Greens may well be looking at scooping another seat.

Similarly John Gormley is definately assured of a seat due to his exposure on the television, a photogenic gentleman perhaps?

In any case perhaps other people have different angles on different constituancies vis-a-vis the Green Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Gael
    Predictions for Green seats in the next election?
    Support for your predictions appreciated.

The Green candidate in Cork South Central is tipped to take Deirdre Clune's seat, hopefully

Advertisement