Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tomb Raider Game

Options
  • 02-04-2002 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So whats everybody's favourite tombraider game?

Whats your favourite Tomb Raider Game 21 votes

Tomb Raider
    0% 0 votes
    Tomb Raider II: The Dagger Of Xian
    47% 10 votes
    Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask
    23% 5 votes
    Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
    0% 0 votes
    Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artifact
    4% 1 vote
    Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
    0% 0 votes
    Tomb Raider: Chronicles
    9% 2 votes
    Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business
    4% 1 vote
    no opinion but still wanted to vote
    0% 0 votes
    don't like Tomb Raider
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I played the second one first - so that will probably always be the one I remember best (ah, Venice). The first game was a bit darker though. The mirror image alien thingy really freaked me out at first :alien: --- :paranoid:

Ask again after the next one comes out though. If it lives up to the hype it looks likely to become a favourite...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I also played the second one first so i reckon i like that one the best. Yeah that new one thats coming out sounds really cool. I think its called angel of darkness.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Roughty

Tomb Raider 1 was the mast enjoyable to play. And in the new one she has some new moves like looking around the courner. It's a bit like Metal Gear Solid 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I dont like tomb raider at all. I don't like many games in the '3d adventure' genre, like shadowman and soulreaver. I like Zelda though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I loved the first two - especially the second.

• Advertisement

Second was brilliant. Kinda went down hill afterwards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The first tomb raider will always be the best. it was so original and groundbreaking and the first game i got to work with my 3d card. Frankly the tomb raiders after the first bored me to death and where more frustrating than fun. Tomb raider 1 will always be the better game and still is great while the rest have dated badly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Playing Tomb Raider and sleeping? What's the difference?

Those melons were extra pointy in number 2. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

The first Tomb-Raider... the original and best.
    Although the other TR's were nice, the TR genre got really old really fast, so by the third incarnation - TombRaider had become more of the same old hat.
    I have the more fond memories of the original TombRaider simply because I hadn't seen it all before a million times like I have at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

My experience with Tomb Raider,

Much Hype , disturbed parents running to stores to get a copy for there bullying son. Freakish son's playing the chick...with big breasts. Special patches for Naked Lara...while shooting and jumping and waiting to die.
    Turn a wheel, Get a Key, shoot some more, jump trough a fire hoop, roar, get coke, shoot.

That was the whole idea...i started...run run run kill kill kill .. die die die, for the latter it was me. so it started save , run , die, load, run,save run die load run save die load.
    after ten minutes i had enough...crap game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

Just because you're crap at it doesn't mean it's crap...it means you're crap

...second was the best btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

I know I'm gonna be the odd one out here - TRIII :) TRII was good aswell but I didn't get to play it that much... and I've barely played the original at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You're stupid and wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

So's YORE MA!
    well, I feel beter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    TRIII was good aswell
    Yeah i bought TR3 aswell and I thought it was pretty good too. The tropical islands section and area 51 were cool!! She had some kick ass weapons aswell! At the moment I'm playing TR chronicles and I have to say that I'm not getting as much enjoyment out of it as I did with the others!

Advertisement