Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest: Virtual kingdom richer than Bulgaria!!!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Im sure the grossly impoverished people of those nations will be estatic to hear a "virtual world" is richer than there own pit hole, maybe it'll make them feel better as they strive to simply exist..

What a world we live in, or some of us live in, while the rest player Everquest. Is Everquest a pay online game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes, evercrack is per per play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

....suddenly has an urge to take over the Virtual world and hold it for ransom :D

Hackers become terrorists in virtual world....cool :alien:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah its a pay per play and the company are worse than M$ for money grabbing. 50$ per month tp play that its a rip off on top of big phone bills you get for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I had a free 1 week trial with a CD from PCZ but needless to say it's ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its really tempting looking at that....i mean this is a game worth more then a country.......how can cheaters not be tempted to move from cs to this and start sucking it dry?

I mean we've all seen the great robbery films...imagin being the 1st to rob a virtual world....could probably be a way to do it within the game aswell??? some way legally to make more money then you can dream off. (apart from being one of the makers...) I am so tempted to become a virtual highway man........

"YOUR MONEY OR YOUR VIRTUAL LIFE!!" (takes cash) OH DEAR I DID IT AGAIN DID I SAY OR?? I MEANT AND YOUR LIFE (BANG!!) -rip off blackadder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I wonder is it possible to declare War on Norrath...

That reminds me...I still have that PCZ trial I never used. It'll fun to meet the freaks in person..eh, virtual-person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Everquest cost's $10 a month for normal servers and $40 a month for the special have a pet GM server.The price for the normal servers is going up by $2-$3 but nowhere near $50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by Kyro
    I wonder is it possible to declare War on Norrath...

Now that would be mad! :P
    Especially if there was another virtual country where you could invade from online.

imagine the shock if you got an email telling you had been conscripted and to log on and pick up your axe and run off to the border to repell the invaders :eek: :squareeyed:

ohh i can feel the seeds of a whole new online gaming genre starting here, can i patent this idea?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Everquest cost's $10 a month for normal servers and $40 a month for the special have a pet GM server.The price for the normal servers is going up by $2-$3 but nowhere near $50.

You seem to be forgetting the massive phone bill that caused our ISDN to be cut off last week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah you a right it is not $50, I must have misread the article. I checked it again this is it

Quote from gamespot.com....

Subscribing to the popular online role-playing game will soon cost more.

Sony Online has announced that it will soon increase the subscription rates for EverQuest, its popular online role-playing game. According to the publisher, the rate hike is due to increased costs of running the game service. The new rates, which will take effect on April 25, 2002, increase the monthly subscription price from approximately $10 to $12.95. Players who already have subscriptions will be automatically migrated to the new billing structure when their current subscription expires. The company will continue to offer a range of multiple-month subscriptions for discounted rates.

Advertisement