Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sig. Abuse

• 02-04-2002 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

There's a guy on the forum I think he's called Stephen, he's a mod of one of the gaming forums (Counter Strike) I think and he's got this link in his sig that tricks you into adding some guy he doesn't like to your ignore list.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He's been told.
    Anyone else I find harrassing another user like that in their sig (or indeed anywhere else), I'm going to boot them off boards altogether. There are far too many people who think they own boards.ie around here and some of them are going to find themselves out on their asses soon if this bitching at each other doesnt stop.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

its nothing new,

didn't someone else have a "show Boston you love him" link on the boards. But since he is an admin he cannot be banned. I have no problem with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Wow, so much trouble with mod the past few weeks.. whats happening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    its nothing new,

didn't someone else have a "show Boston you love him" link on the boards. But since he is an admin he cannot be banned. I have no problem with it.

rofl - chinese whispers. It was a link to to an Ignore Boston page. It didnt work cos you couldnt ignore mods at the time.

Seriously tho, i knew there was an element of muppetry when i added it, but i was always going to remove it when asked. The fact it didnt work meant i didnt think it was such a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

That's just bull Dustaz, when I explicately asked you to remove the link about Boston, you added one about me and then I had to mail the Admins here to force you to remove the link.
    Then after that happened with you Stephen added the same link again but this time the ignore feature worked.

So sorry to spoil your little lie, but hell it's Wednesday and on Wednesdays I like to point out liars.

It's not that I don't mind supposed peers posting moronic links pertaining to me, but the fact is that I can't simply walk away from the commitment I undertook to Moderate a board that meant something to me, you go do what pleases you on your own board, but the next time you want notierity go post the same link about Cloud or Devore if you're man enough. In any case find some other way to make yourself seem like a mad bastard as this method has clearly run it's course.

You don't even have the good taste to publicy apologise to myself and Boston for your extraneous idocy and don't bother your hole about it now, once I mention it, the act becomes lip service on your part.

Perhaps you think I am being a little immoderate now, well allow me to dispel any illusions you may have. If I had know that people with such little sense of right and wrong as regards dealings with other people were the sort of people who ultimately were given remit to preside over and judge what is acceptable from other people, it is entirely likely that I would have never set foot near this place. Not only have yourself and Stephen brought shame on yourselves by performing like a couple of little children, but you have dragged me into this moronic world of idocy that you live in and thus implicated me in your lack of intellegence and crassness and have brought down the profile of this site exponencially. Don't fret I'm sure if you don't like what I post you or one of your little mates will find yet another stupid link to post that will cause yet more trouble, which appears to be your only motive here.

Strangely enough I have been an environmentalist for years and you calling me a nazi and posting links to add me to ignore lists lets you down so much more than it ever will me.
    I just thought you might appreciate knowing that.

You may think it's a great laugh, but in reality there are a whole raft of people who are laughing at you for doing something so stupid and undermining people's respect for you. I'm sure there an newbies floating around who saw the links from yourself and Stephen and made judgements about the two of you based on those sigs. You may think said members thought you were being funny, but that is because you are immature, most people over the age of fifteen who saw those links realised how stupid both of you were being and believe me, it wasn't me who came out looking like a schmuck here pal.

I honestly have to ask, don't you people have some kind of lives outside bitching about other people? Jeez talk about Beverly Hills 90210, Dustaz and Stephen are on the prowl.

Respect is earned Dustaz, Cloud or Devore can't wave a magic moderator wand in your direction that allows you to transgress the line of acceptability that other users have to live up to and that you are meant to enforce in Loco Admin.

Grow up.
    Feel free to rant, and flame to your hearts content rebuffing this post, I have work to do so I won't be responding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You don't even have the good taste to publicy apologise to myself and Boston for your extraneous idocy and don't bother your hole about it now, once I mention it, the act becomes lip service on your part.

I somehow doubt he has any plans to go down on bended knee and beg forgiveness anyway. Just can't envisage it myself.

Still, fair play - you've written a good page worth of moan about a link that never even worked, hence him putting it there... And removing it on request when Devore enabled the ignore function for moderators. Ah well, gave you a chance to vent a bit and use some pig latin, so all's well in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just for you Typedef:

Crybaby.txt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Typedef
    So sorry to spoil your little lie, but hell it's Wednesday and on Wednesdays I like to point out liars.
    [/B]

I take it the rest of the week you're just a normal twat then?

O NOE! I MAKE TEH BAITING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I started this thread because I clicked on the link and Typedef was added to my ignore list

He had also arrogantly put in a quote where Typedef had asked him to remove the link

that's just acting the bollox as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Great.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I bet this is how Dev feels :)

headbang.gif

Originally posted by Shinji

I somehow doubt he has any plans to go down on bended knee and beg forgiveness anyway. Just can't envisage it myself.

Still, fair play - you've written a good page worth of moan about a link that never even worked, hence him putting it there... And removing it on request when Devore enabled the ignore function for moderators. Ah well, gave you a chance to vent a bit and use some pig latin, so all's well in the end!

Shinji try Modding a forum that doesn't get locked for a change will you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Don't you have work to do?

Originally posted by DeVore
    There are far too many people who think they own boards.ie around here and some of them are going to find themselves out on their asses soon if this bitching at each other doesnt stop.

DeV.

I think ppl should take note of this "warning".

Originally posted by Monkey
    I started this thread because I clicked on the link and Typedef was added to my ignore list

He had also arrogantly put in a quote where Typedef had asked him to remove the link

that's just acting the bollox as far as I'm concerned.

See notice how Monkey is capable of telling right from wrong? Some of you lads should give it a try, you never know, you might even get non-bitching, non-whinging personalities to boot and persons wouldn't have to 'request' permissions to post to your fora?

Wow there is a concept, acting like an adult, I suggest some of you try it once in a while.

Shinji try Modding a forum that doesn't get locked for a change will you?

Sorry, could we have a repeat of the lecture about immaturity please?

(Oh, by the way, if you have an issue with how the CS forum was moderated, I suggest you take it up with myself and the other moderators, or with the admins. If you have a serious suggestion as to how it might have been handled better, being by far the busiest forum on the boards, I'd love to hear it. If your extensive experience in moderating the absolutely heaving Green Issues board gives you some remarkable insight into this that we all missed, please, spit it out!

If, on the other hand, you just want to make a cheap troll... You know, a cheap troll like putting an ignore link in your sig.... Then kindly go spit your dummy out somewhere else, because you don't look remotely big or clever, fake latin or not.)

No sorry my issue was that Dustaz was blatantly lying and that Stephen should have been banned for what was in his sig.

If you want to label that as a whinge then obviously your objectivity is compromised or you are attempting to bait me, well bait away, your only making a fool out of yourself my friend.

Nite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Following a warning from DeVore, I have removed all reference to Typedef from my signature.

I would have removed it in the first place if he didn't "talk down" to me in his email. That just served to piss me off quite a lot (as I am sure my sig must have done to Typedef).

It won't be happening again.

Stephen should have been banned for what was in his sig

I don't think that's your judgement to make, kiddo. You seem to be pretty damn overbearing in your views about what should and shouldn't go on the boards. Everyone has opinions, but lets keep them in that realm, eh?

Both Dustaz and Stephen removed the references when requested by an admin. You are whinging because they didn't comply when YOU told them to do so - in Stephen's case, in a most overbearing and unpleasant manner. Yes, as monkey has posted, those links qualify as "acting the bollox", but since when is this the Army? Are we going to have our beds inspected in the morning to see if they're made neatly? Get off your high horse and come back down to the reality of dealing with other people. If you have a really serious problem, you complain to an admin who deals with it nice and quietly rather than hammering out page after page of rubbish moaning about the world being unfair to you.

And while we're on the topic of said reality, you might not want to continue dragging unrelated and HIGHLY flammable matters into the thread. You complain about these threads, but there's no surer way to start a flamewar than what you just tried to do. It might also be an idea not to accuse people posting responses to you of "baiting" you just because they disagree with you. A hell of a lot of things posted recently have been on the level of schoolkid debates, but that one wouldn't even pass in a schoolkid debate - you'd be docked marks for it.

Well said Shinji....the most sensible thing you've said in years (only joking - but still well said :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

civil.JPG

I swore i wouldnt reply, but i would like to clear a few things up.
    So sorry to spoil your little lie

Where did i lie?
    Strangely enough I have been an environmentalist for years and you calling me a nazi and posting links to add me to ignore lists lets you down so much more than it ever will me.
    Um, what has you being an eviromentalist got to do with anything? When did i call you a nazi?

Where was I blatantly lying?

Shall we all calm down a bit please?

Originally posted by Stephen
    Following a warning from DeVore, I have removed all reference to Typedef from my signature.

I would have removed it in the first place if he didn't "talk down" to me in his email. That just served to piss me off quite a lot (as I am sure my sig must have done to Typedef).

It won't be happening again.

Not that you had the decency or the maturity to actually reply, but it begs the question.

What in the hell did you think you were doing having this link in your sig to begin with and who in the hell do you think you are trying to blame me for you not bothering yourself to remove it?

It's not my fault you took it upon yourself to post that linkage in your sig, it's your own stupidity and if I had, had my way you would have been banned for doing so as Dustaz had already been warned about precisely the same thing.

Though I'm sure as I was 'talking down' to you that makes it all ok. Hey maybe you should go rob a bank because you don't like the way the girls behind the counters look at you?

but i was always going to remove it when asked.

Here is your lie Dustaz.

I asked you in a thread to remove the link pertaining to Boston and you added a similar one about me instead.

Ergo you are a liar.

taken to PMs to state the obvious:)

Originally posted by Shinji

I don't think that's your judgement to make, kiddo. You seem to be pretty damn overbearing in your views about what should and shouldn't go on the boards. Everyone has opinions, but lets keep them in that realm, eh?

Both Dustaz and Stephen removed the references when requested by an admin. You are whinging because they didn't comply when YOU told them to do so - in Stephen's case, in a most overbearing and unpleasant manner. Yes, as monkey has posted, those links qualify as "acting the bollox", but since when is this the Army? Are we going to have our beds inspected in the morning to see if they're made neatly? Get off your high horse and come back down to the reality of dealing with other people. If you have a really serious problem, you complain to an admin who deals with it nice and quietly rather than hammering out page after page of rubbish moaning about the world being unfair to you.

And while we're on the topic of said reality, you might not want to continue dragging unrelated and HIGHLY flammable matters into the thread. You complain about these threads, but there's no surer way to start a flamewar than what you just tried to do. It might also be an idea not to accuse people posting responses to you of "baiting" you just because they disagree with you. A hell of a lot of things posted recently have been on the level of schoolkid debates, but that one wouldn't even pass in a schoolkid debate - you'd be docked marks for it.

Well Shinji how fair of you, in light of your easy going attitude with regards to such things you won't mind if I post an ignore link about you now will you?

Oh and if I do, don't you forget to ask me to remove it in an 'un overbearing way' because if you don't then I must be justified in having that link and not removing it except on delibrate editing by Devore?

Obviously I am totally over reacting in this instance Shinji and when it happens to you, you will of course set the example I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

All this over something small. Some people need to relax a little, no need to be so highly strung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Makaveli
    All this over something small. Some people need to relax a little, no need to be so highly strung.
    I agree. Remember people, it's only ones and zeroes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Dustaz could you post those links up I think quite a few people would like to click on them now
    :tired:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Doc
    Dustaz could you post those links up I think quite a few people would like to click on them now
    :tired:

To add people to your ignore list, just go here and enter their usernames. The names are case-sensitive as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

That's just bull Dustaz, when I explicately asked you to remove the link about Boston, you added one about me and then I had to mail the Admins here to force you to remove the link.
    Then after that happened with you Stephen added the same link again but this time the ignore feature worked.

It's not that I don't mind supposed peers posting moronic links pertaining to me, but the fact is that I can't simply walk away from the commitment I undertook to Moderate a board that meant something to me, you go do what pleases you on your own board, but the next time you want notierity go post the same link about Cloud or Devore if you're man enough. In any case find some other way to make yourself seem like a mad bastard as this method has clearly run it's course.

Perhaps you think I am being a little immoderate now, well allow me to dispel any illusions you may have. If I had know that people with such little sense of right and wrong as regards dealings with other people were the sort of people who ultimately were given remit to preside over and judge what is acceptable from other people, it is entirely likely that I would have never set foot near this place. Not only have yourself and Stephen brought shame on yourselves by performing like a couple of little children, but you have dragged me into this moronic world of idocy that you live in and thus implicated me in your lack of intellegence and crassness and have brought down the profile of this site exponencially. Don't fret I'm sure if you don't like what I post you or one of your little mates will find yet another stupid link to post that will cause yet more trouble, which appears to be your only motive here.

You may think it's a great laugh, but in reality there are a whole raft of people who are laughing at you for doing something so stupid and undermining people's respect for you. I'm sure there an newbies floating around who saw the links from yourself and Stephen and made judgements about the two of you based on those sigs. You may think said members thought you were being funny, but that is because you are immature, most people over the age of fifteen who saw those links realised how stupid both of you were being and believe me, it wasn't me who came out looking like a schmuck here pal.

I honestly have to ask, don't you people have some kind of lives outside bitching about other people? Jeez talk about Beverly Hills 90210, Dustaz and Stephen are on the prowl.

Respect is earned Dustaz, Cloud or Devore can't wave a magic moderator wand in your direction that allows you to transgress the line of acceptability that other users have to live up to and that you are meant to enforce in Loco Admin.

Grow up.
    Feel free to rant, and flame to your hearts content rebuffing this post, I have work to do so I won't be responding.

LOL

Sorry for the large quote but wanted to be specific in my LOLing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by Meh
    I agree. Remember people, it's only ones and zeroes.

Yeh lads, c'mon. I'm sure it was just a bit of fun. Relax the cacks:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes, everyone smoke a big fattie and chill. You are twisting my mellow, man.

DeV.

You talk so hip , man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

SMAK FOR SUPER MODERATOR

BAN THE REST

problem solved!

QED.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Slydice
    SMAK FOR SUPER MODERATOR

BAN THE REST

problem solved!

QED.

I concur.

and on that suitably muppetty note....

*locked*

DeV.

ps: Oh yes, and Dustaz.... call the cops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement