Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strokes

Options
  • 02-04-2002 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hello people!!
    I'm a message board virgin, this is my first post, so be nice!! ;)
    Well just wanted to say that I was at the strokes gig on sunday nite and it was seriously one of the best i've ever been to.
    What made really nice is that i got to meet 4 of them before and after the show, and they were really sweet. My fave is Albert, he is God!!

Having been up close to the band, here are my first impressions, in case anyone cares:

Nikolai=shy
    Fab=adorable
    Nick=gorgeous/scary
    Julian=absent
    Albert=GOD
    Ryan Gentles(manager)=sweetheart

By the way, The guys showed up, played an amzing show and left the stage. How is that pretentious or up themselves??
    Love the Strokes Queen
    p.s. Albert and Fab were nice enough to come down again after the show, and were really polite and sweet. So were the support, Longwave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Im so jealous!!!! I love Albert alright but goddammit i have an unhealthy obsession with Julian! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 randy_courage

the strokes eh???
    i would just like to say who gives a f_ck what they're like as people,i mean there album is ****ing super,and i defy anyone doesn't agree. The only reason they're lambasted by everyone is 'cause they're really hyped. Imagine if nobody knew about them but you,wouldn't you rave about them??? it's typical that just 'cos everyone knows who they are people will turn around and say they're ****. they are not ****. so there!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

but thats why jeebus gave us opinions of our very own...

oh jeebus, don't forsake them...

they know not what they do...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Mutant boy band fans moving on..........
    can you say SHEEP?,see I knew ya could...........

So if you like the strokes that makes you a sheep huh? Suggesting people only like them to follow the crowd.... come on credit us with a bit of intelligence please. Whatever happened to freedom of opinion eh? Oh and I was never a boy band fan.... i just happen to fancy the ass off julian casablancas but believe me if I didnt love the music i wouldnt be into them...sometimes though its nice to have some eye candy.;) There has been sh*t loads of hype but if they couldnt deliver the goods musically no amount of hype could make them as popular as they are. (by the way how cool are the new smilies...:ogre: :ninja: :rambo: hee hee)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 snoop_dogg

Originally posted by lamda
    There has been sh*t loads of hype but if they couldnt deliver the goods musically no amount of hype could make them as popular as they are.

please see boyzone, n'sync, backstreet boys, six, and all the other homo bands that are hyped to **** just cos they got money behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StrokesQueen

You are so right there, why when a band that has received so much attention are actually good do people feel the need to b1tch anyway?? The Strokes never asked for any of the hysterical hype NME etc. gave them.
    I also count myself a huge fan of David Bowie, REM and U2 so not much sex appeal there! Yes, the Strokes are nice to look at but at the end of the day it's their music fans love. In the 'Last Nite' video the guys went out of their way to look like scruffy scumbags, the fact that they still oozed sex is a pleasant bonus, alrite?? :lick: :cheeky:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Wait is it when bands get famous that they get sh!t or just when they are hyped?

Damn I hope Incubus don't get hyped/famous I'd hate to have to dislike them too!

Could you supply me with a list of "cool" and "SO Alternative" bands that we have the all clear to like Snoop?

Cheers!

Baaaaaa! Baaa! Baaaaaaa!
    Bleet Bleet, Baaaaaaa etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 empathy

Originally posted by StrokesQueen
    I also count myself a huge fan of David Bowie, REM and U2 so not much sex appeal there!

y'hello!!! you're trying to say that David Bowie doesn't have any sex appeal?.....oh god, what is the world coming to.
    :surprised:

Originally posted by GerK
    Wait is it when bands get famous that they get sh!t or just when they are hyped?

cos they are probably sucking dicks

Damn I hope Incubus don't get hyped/famous I'd hate to have to dislike them too!

who?
    Could you supply me with a list of "cool" and "SO Alternative" bands that we have the all clear to like Snoop?

yo, give a list of bands that you like, and i'll tell you if they are wack or not.

• Advertisement

why can't we all just get along????

why slate someone coz they like a popular band?? eh??
    that sux!!!
    fair enuf, they might be 'wack' in your opinion but since when did one persons opinion count for another persons??

i don't like the strokes/it doesn't mean i go and slate my friends that do.../they all love the strokes and they went to see them and loved it and i'm happy for them...

anyway you get the point....

oh, and btw, leave the sheepsses out of it... they just followin the leader...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Well said Kurdt, my friends like The So Solid Creew and i cant stand them but, i dont go on about it because everyone has different likes and dislikes, so get over it!

Alrite I recant the part about David Bowie...he is a GOD but while i was writing that i was picturing Bono naked......not a very sexy prospect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 punk

Yea the Strokes were F u c king amazing !
    I got a place in the pit,front row ,so I was only meters away when they played ! amazing!
    If you want to see pics of the gig go to :
    http://mcd.ie/photosmcd/thestrokes/thestrokes1.php3

also the 1st support act ,Longwave
    were amazing,if you like The Strokes check 'em out ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I could be wrong but it seems to me that it is only guys?/ickle boys that are slating The Stokes!
    I could be wrong so dont kill me...... but is there some form of jealous slagging going on?

Im not quite sure if i like The Strokes or not cause i havent heard the album but i do admit that some of them are quite cute.

so im not just liking them cause they are cute now am i?

and David Bowie does have a kind of sexual quality about him (and this is more strange) but esp. in the film Labyrinth!

:confused:

Originally posted by punk
    Yea the Strokes were F u c king amazing !
    I got a place in the pit,front row ,so I was only meters away when they played ! amazing!
    If you want to see pics of the gig go to :
    http://mcd.ie/photosmcd/thestrokes/thestrokes1.php3

also the 1st support act ,Longwave
    were amazing,if you like The Strokes check 'em out ...

yeah. the strokes are pretty ****in punk alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 punk

Originally posted by snoop_dogg

yeah. the strokes are pretty ****in punk alright

yea THE STROKES are really cool anyway to post yet another pic...

:laugh: :laugh:
    IM sorry but i cant get over the fact that someone just said the word wack!! Oh dear lord......

God I SO agree!! That Labyrinth film scared the bejesus outta me when i was a kid but i love David Bowie in it!!
    And yes, I think guys are jealous of the Strokes. I have never seen so many shirts, ties and Converse shoes in one audience than at the Strokes gig! Rock on! ;)

Well if you ask me..guys adopting that look can only be a good thing!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

it seems the strokes have somehow managed to gain posession of some sort of evil mind control device

I meant that in a good way of course.....and it wasn't just the guys either!!
    :alien: :cheeky: ;)
    I love the Strokes!!

Originally posted by lamda
    Well if you ask me..guys adopting that look can only be a good thing!!!;)

how about this. i'll wear a leather jacket. you call me julian. and we'll bang.

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

converse rock.

all star high tops in white

i got my chucks

Originally posted by snoop_dogg

how about this. i'll wear a leather jacket. you call me julian. and we'll bang.

ok

wow, you certainly have a way with the ladies...

a thought has occurred...

you are jealous of Julians good looks...you want to look like him...you want to look at him...YOU WANT HIM!!!!

AAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

so what if he hates the Strokes? Loads of people do (not me though)

And The Ramones looked like that before the Strokes were born.

Converse sneakers kick ass alrite? The Ramones proves it decades ago, now the Strokes are single-handedly saving the company!! Did anyone else hear that Converse is going bankrupt?? I've been having panic attacks daily about it!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

whats the story with the fight they got into with one of the record company executives?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

It wasn't a record company exec. Apparently, the band were on the beer in Paris, as ya do. Julian had an interview with some TV channel, so one of his "aides" went over, asked him to leave the pub, and go along and do the interview. Julian, being the nice young chap that he is, did exactly that, assuming that the interview was with some big flash TV channel. However, when he found out that it was with some crappy half-ass cable TV channel, he lost the rag and head-butted his "aide". They then kissed, made-up, whatever.
    I read the above in the Sun, therefore it is most possible bullsh*t!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

cheers for clearing it up

Advertisement