Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strokes

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i cant see their second album being all that good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StrokesQueen

Why do you say that polar?
    And did you think the first album was good, beacuse it's all a matter of opinion anyway!
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 punk

Originally posted by Pigman
    I (unfortunately) could only get a ticket for the circle so it didn't really matter when I got there. Hense I just stayed in some nearby pub getting pissed beforeghand and turned up around halfway thru Stereo Total(****e)'s set. Would have liked to have gotten down to the pit tho... it looked fun. I heard later Longwave was good too but ya know yourself the way "one quick pint" quickly turns into several :(
    I got into the pit,it f u c kin' rocked ! (but I did have to que for 'bout 45mins- 1hr ,but that was o.k. 'cos the ticket touts attempts to buy tickets from anyone was very entertaining ! also people torn between €300 or a chance to see The Strokes up-close was also entertaining,but I had made my mind up that I was going to see The Strokes,no matter what !)
    Longwave were really good ! and I suggest you get their album!
    www.longwavetheband.com

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭The Evil Monkey

i also got into the pit along with StrokesQueen. we were right in front of Albert!! ah best night in along time!
    longwaves album isn't supposed to be that amazing but i still want to check it out, though i heard Tower aren't going to stock it! can't remember where i heard that though so it might not be true.

You said it Evil Monkey!! Such a great nite.

I found Longwave's album in Tower yesterday. There was 1 copy on the shelf but it was around 22 euro and as usual I was broke so I didn't get it! :mad:

• Advertisement

damn i felt sure it was u who told me that Tower weren't getting it in, i tell u my memories going to s.hit! i'm screwed for next year!

Originally posted by StrokesQueen
    You said it Evil Monkey!! Such a great nite.

I found Longwave's album in Tower yesterday. There was 1 copy on the shelf but it was around 22 euro and as usual I was broke so I didn't get it! :mad:

where is it in Tower?

also The Strokes Ireland only release of Hard To Explain got to Number 29 in the charts,even though only 1000 copies were made.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Yep, It usually only takes about that many sales to get into the Irish top 30.

And I'd look for Longwave under "L".

Yes indeed, as would be expected I found Longwave's album in the album section under 'L'. There's a hand on the cover if that helps. Did I not see on Top 30 Hits that Hard To Explain was number 10? Maybe it was just a pleasant dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

It did go to number 10 and it was still available in virgin last week.
    Hey............maybe the'll reduce the price if they cant shift em all.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I bought Endsongs by Longwave and i think its a great album you can listen to bits of the album here
    here

Its 23 euro in Tower. Its in HMV on Grafton St for 29 euro.
    I heard some people have have asked the record shops to order Endsongs for them and they're gonna be waiting 4-6 for it, which seems pointless cos it can bought off the shelf.

go to : http://www.mrtn-03.com/whitetrash/rgb/
    (what a nice effect !)

(p.s. totally not strokes related !)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

that would give you nightmares.

Originally posted by conZ
    that would give you nightmares.

yep it's f u c ked up ! but really cool..........in a wierd f u c ked up strobe-o-scopic way !!

( http://www.mrtn-03.com/whitetrash/rgb/ )

I LOVE PUNK .com !!!!!

ilovepunk.jpg

"because Britney Spears demanded it !"
    www.ilovepunk.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Max_ire

I dont know how any1 could put down the strokes
    there are probably gonna be the best band of the decade....
    There the last scrap of indie rock and by the way they do it indie is goin out in style and no1 can take dat away from them!!
    THE STROKES RULE!!!!

Why have you posted a picture of a huge ugly monster on this thread???

Oh wait...that's Britney Spears.....AAARGH it's worse than I thought!!!
    Hey Max thanx for the compliments....for some reason i take it personally when people praise the Strokes.....which happens often, I'm happy to say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"Why have you posted a picture of a huge ugly monster on this thread??? " - someone sounds jealous

and you are not in the Strokes don't accept praise on their behalf

OK Monkey relax I was only kidding!! I have nothing major against Britney, she needs all the pity she can get these days....JOKE

As for the other comment, I meant that I like hearing the Strokes praised cos I think they deserve it, that's all. I KNOW I'm not in the band, I'm not that crazy! Well maybe I'm crazy but not in that particular way ok?

Jeez Britney fans are touchy.....PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THAT COMMENT SERIOUSLY

Why have you posted a picture of a huge ugly monster on this thread???

www.ilovepunk.com

coming soon.........

• Advertisement

OK Monkey relax I was only kidding!! I have nothing major against Britney, she needs all the pity she can get these days....JOKE

As for the other comment, I meant that I like hearing the Strokes praised cos I think they deserve it, that's all. I KNOW I'm not in the band, I'm not that crazy! Well maybe I'm crazy but not in that particular way ok?

Jeez Britney fans are touchy.....PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THAT COMMENT SERIOUSLY

ok honey, the rest of the ppl on this board may not know u but u can't fool me!! nothing major against Britney! don't u remember how u signed my third year year-book?

The Strokes are playing the following U.K. festivals :
    Aug 23 - Reading Festival, Reading, UK
    Aug 24 - Leeds Festival, Leeds, UK
    Aug 25 - Gig On The Green, Glasgow, UK
    (changing their minds after saying they were on a break from touring to play these gigs)

will thay play witnness over a month before the above gigs ??

we'll just have to see....

anyone going to witnness who's dissapointed that The Strokes probably won't be playing can cheer up 'cos The Hives are playing,go see 'em !

In a way i'm relieved they're not playing witnness cos i cant be there....selfish and horrible i know. i dont think they'd be as good playing to as huge crowd anyway..unlike the hives.

And evil monkey, i admit it,,,,,I want britney dead! but if they use that note as evidence I'M TAKING YOU DOWN WITH ME!!!!
    mwah ha ha ha ha ha!

;)

why strokes queen, i have no idea what u mean! what note u r talking about! ;) ur secrets safe with me Batman, do me a favour if u read this before monday, go check ur pms, important news in the one i sent u!

Advertisement